Funniest meeting at work ever v.workwaffles

ChikkenNoodul said:
You've never worked for a bureaucracy have you? :D

Reposted from another forum:
I got an email from my manager today with the new policy for project managers to request time from support members (like me) to work on their project. The opening statement says that all IT employees should reserve 10% of their total work time for providing estimates for how long it will take to accomplish a task.

So, with a 40 hour work week:
4 hours - time estimates for future work
2.5 hours - paid breaks
8 hours - "administration" (meetings, filling out time sheets, etc.)
1 hour - logging the time spent during that week under a million different categories so they know what we're working on
4 hours - administration of open tickets (including communicating with customers, etc.)
8 hours - education (yeah, right!)

So out of a 40 hour work week, our IT employees are spending 12.5 hours a week doing actual work. And this is what the management wants.

And they wonder why we're all going crazy, and nothing is getting done.

yeah, it's a little beaurocratic :eek:

Fat Burger said:
Reposted from another forum:

yeah, it's a little beaurocratic :eek:
Ah, your company is well on it's way

Just picture that, but with areas of IT that invent work for themselves, like monitoring web traffic, creating and managing questionaires, creating and managing training programs for things that don't really affect 90% of the people in the company, etc.

ChikkenNoodul said:

Just picture that, but with areas of IT that invent work for themselves, like monitoring web traffic, creating and managing questionaires, creating and managing training programs for things that don't really affect 90% of the people in the company, etc.

Oh we do all that too, with the exception of monitoring web traffic.

ChikkenNoodul said:

Oh we do all that too, with the exception of monitoring web traffic.

I love employee surveys and things like that. It let's my managers know exactly what I think of them. If they don't like it, they can kiss my ass.

I always make it a policy to have 6 months of living expenses in my savings account as "fuck you" money.