fuct wsus database

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I forgot to detach SUSDB.mdf and SUSDB_log.ldf from... fuck, i don't even know exactly... from the sql process? or something. Anyway, forgot to detach them before trying to move them. Realised my error during the move and promptly locked up explorer somehow. Now the database is apparently corrupted and wsus is really screwed up.

Is it worth my while to continue explaining the problem? Does anyone here have any WSUS or SQL expertise?

I tried the partially scorched earth option, but I can't even uninstall WSUS (to reinstall and start from scratch).

-The console snap-in shows no "servers administered from this console" and I can't connect to the server.

-when I enter osql -E -S sbssvr\MICROSOFT##SSEE -Q "exec sp_attach_db etc. etc. I get error in database, try dbcc checkdb

-when I try to dbcc checkdb (SUSDB) I get that there's no SUSDB.

I'm frightened.

See if you were running your stuff on a San attached LUN using Netapp Snap Manager for SQL you could just instantly restore it.

okay i dont understand a fiddlers fuck in this thread and i am convinced noone else does either

okay i dont understand a fiddlers fuck in this thread and i am convinced noone else does either

There are times I wish I didn't understand this stuff.

But then again, I have no other skills so I'd probably have to suck pole for a living, so it balances out.