frickin resumes

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Im currently updating my resume with the company's standard resume layout (since they need a standard format now :wtf: )

Never do you realize how much you know, but how little of that pertains to your job until you fill out the technical skills/knowledge box.

I could sit here all day filling out every little detail of what i know and can do with computers that justify my position of an employed nerd in a tech role. But the more i think about it, there isnt a whole lot to my job and most of what i know isnt really used in a work environment.

why did they give me such a broad question! it makes my heard hurt tryinh to tink within such a large scope. :(

In case you want to feel worse . . . I do corporate staffing for RJ in Tampa and I don't look at half the resume. All that work is for nothing :evillaugh:

I have a similar problem in that I became an Access wiz back in the day because it was needed of me at work. Problem is we still use 2000 machines and all software is as such so I have not learned anything new in 6 years.

i guess 13 things is enough. Pretty sure i covered all the general topics, from basic pc building to in depth registry crap...

meh. i hate resumes. just give me a jerb. i know mah computahs!

Tell the truth: You just scan for buzzwords, right?

First, I scan for buzzwords, in the last two or three positions (because if its more that 3 years old its outdated). Next, I try to make sure that the resume flows and that the recruiters aren't sticking in "buzzwords." Then I look at job longevity and education.

Ta-Da

First, I scan for buzzwords, in the last two or three positions (because if its more that 3 years old its outdated). Next, I try to make sure that the resume flows and that the recruiters aren't sticking in "buzzwords." Then I look at job longevity and education.

Ta-Da

Buzzwords... who uses those? Meh!

take your resume and paste it into a 13375p34k translator. Give the results to your superiors.

1 4/\/\ 4|\| 3><P3R7 (++ 4|\|D j4\/4 pR09R4/\/\/\/\3R \/\/17|-| \/457 3><P3R13|\|(3 1|\| d474B453 4R(|-|173(7UR3 4|\|D r3P0R7 d3\/3L0P/\/\3|\|7/D157R1BU710|\|.

Translate at http://www.brenz.net/l337Maker.asp

Ta-Da

Yeah, and then combine that with job requirements and descriptions which are completely divorced from reality and you've accurately described the job seeking experience.

Last edited:
What kind of company wants you to willingly update your resume? :wtf:

Mine has done this in the past for the purpose of moving people around within the company if the skillsets suggest someone could be doing a different job.

Not a formal resume really, but a form to fill out with resume type stuff.

(I think they also do it for Gartner type surveys)