free starbucks on thursday!!

I am curious about this. what part of coffee is not "kosher"?

It's the caffeine that is in it. We are discouraged to eat or drink anything that can alter our state of mind (probably not the best way to put it, but I can't think of anything else at this point) or create addictions. Caffinated drinks of all sorts are discouraged.

I was tempted to throw in an eddie izzard joke

omg I :heart: him ... ciao
scooter.gif

There isn't near as much caffeine in chocolate as people like to believe. You would have to eat way more then is a good idea for anyone to feel the effect.
Shockingly correct application... It takes 4~ days to become caffeine addicted.

The reason we are saying bitter "elements" is because a good beer has a lot of flavors that combine to give you an overall experience, much like a good wine or whisky; the bitter portion is just one element of that flavor. the beer itself is not entirely bitter. Often you will notice the bitter elements as a the beer is being swallowed and sometimes in the kick that comes shortly after the swallow. This is mostly because the part of the tongue that tastes bitter is the back of the tongue.

I would suspect you have been enjoying what we are talking about all these years but just not known what it was, or that it was there. If the whole experience is bitter then probably your beer was warm then refrigerated, then warmed again and chilled again, etc.

You just basically said what I have been saying since the beginning of the thread but thanks for correcting me :fly: :heart: