free starbucks on thursday!!

But nobody in Canada drinks Labatt's, lol

Its exactly like when my brother and his room mates drive to the states to get cheap American beer, they get Busch or Milwalkees Best, nobody drinks those here :fly:
The only time we got Milwaukee's best was at the mall when we got wasted on the last day at work. Bleh.

As far as I know all Canadians drink Smirnoff Ice with juice :p

The only time we got Milwaukee's best was at the mall when we got wasted on the last day at work. Bleh.

canadian smirnoff ice is actually good. the stuff you get down here (in texas at least) is malt liquor, because they can't sell vodka in grocery and convenience stores. In Canada where you gotta go to the liquor store anyway it's made with vidka. Ditto Mike's hard lemonade. The slogan up there (last time I was up, anyway) is "An excellent source of vodka".

More like straight Smirnoff with Ice, lol. Nah more like Cold Shots to start the night and finish the night, muahaha, those Cold Shots are great!!!

bitter foods can be dark chocolates 60% cocoa and higher (like kiwi said), coffee, tea, lots of different kinds of greens you might find in a good salad, certain herbs and spices, olives are considered bitter...although they can get pretty salty during the curing process if you eat the canned kind.

And yes BeerAd, beer can be bitter and still be considered good. Many German beers have a mild to strong bitter element and are considered fine beers. Sam Adams tends to brew beers with a lot of hops for that bitter flavor. Many kinds of wine are dry or bitter.

The order of taste development from easiest to complex is this: Sweet -> Salty -> Sour -> Bitter.

Think about kids, they all like sweet from the get go. They also tend to pick up a taste for salty pretty early on. Sour should come next with things like citrus and sour candies. Finally bitter will grow on them the more they expose themselves to it.

Sam Adams tends to brew beers with a lot of hops for that bitter flavor.

yea well it ain't nothin compared to Sam Jackson

sam_beer.JPG

IT'LL GET YA DRUNK

YOU'LL BE FUCKIN FAT GIRLS IN NO TIME

YOU MIGHT EVEN FIGHT A NIGGA OR TWO

MMM MMM, BITCH

yea well it ain't nothin compared to Sam Jackson

sam_beer.JPG

IT'LL GET YA DRUNK

YOU'LL BE FUCKIN FAT GIRLS IN NO TIME

YOU MIGHT EVEN FIGHT A NIGGA OR TWO

MMM MMM, BITCH

Dude, you are hittin up the Dave pretty hard today aren't you? :fly:

Dude, you are hittin up the Dave pretty hard today aren't you? :fly:

so far only two, the opportunities presented themselves and I couldn't help it :p

I was tempted to throw in an eddie izzard joke but no one replied to my coffee = women comment :o

so far only two, the opportunities presented themselves and I couldn't help it :p

I was tempted to throw in an eddie izzard joke but no one replied to my coffee = women comment :o
Heard it a zillion times. Need more necrophilia.

And yes BeerAd, beer can be bitter and still be considered good. Many German beers have a mild to strong bitter element and are considered fine beers. Sam Adams tends to brew beers with a lot of hops for that bitter flavor. Many kinds of wine are dry or bitter.

Sorry good beers are not bitter, plain and simple jerky. haha

Honestly though I dont taste bitterness in beer unless it has gone bad. Like I said before maybe I just dont notice it but I have belonged to beers of the world and have tried mannnnny types of beers. Also there is like 20 micro breweries around here and I have sampled every beer out of all of them. I think I just dont taste what you guys consider bitter.

Sorry good beers are not bitter, plain and simple jerky. haha

Honestly though I dont taste bitterness in beer unless it has gone bad. Like I said before maybe I just dont notice it but I have belonged to beers of the world and have tried mannnnny types of beers. Also there is like 20 micro breweries around here and I have sampled every beer out of all of them. I think I just dont taste what you guys consider bitter.

The reason we are saying bitter "elements" is because a good beer has a lot of flavors that combine to give you an overall experience, much like a good wine or whisky; the bitter portion is just one element of that flavor. the beer itself is not entirely bitter. Often you will notice the bitter elements as a the beer is being swallowed and sometimes in the kick that comes shortly after the swallow. This is mostly because the part of the tongue that tastes bitter is the back of the tongue.

I would suspect you have been enjoying what we are talking about all these years but just not known what it was, or that it was there. If the whole experience is bitter then probably your beer was warm then refrigerated, then warmed again and chilled again, etc.

Eddie Izzard FTW :drool:

:heart:

I like my women like I like my coffee, hot and... strong? With a spoon in them.