freakin' insurance companies!!!

When I had my little one insurance was not a problem. We went and checked in the morning of my c-section and handed the insurance card. I filled out some paper work pre-surgery in the post op area and that was that. About a month later I got a copy of the bills that were already paid. Between my and my son's bills it was somewhere near $9-10,000. My cousin had her baby a month before vaginally had a bill that was about 2500. Mine was more because of the longer stay and my son having some extra tests. But yes there was a break down of charges.

I understand you fears. However you know the old wives tale about how the second child delivers easier then the first. :heart:

I believe this, with Ky I was in labor for 6 hours and just about didn't make it to the hospital cause I transitioned so quickly (went from a 4 to a 10 in about 15 minutes). But, even as easy as it was his cord was wrapped around his neck and things could have gone bad. I won't have a home delivery simply for the just in case scenario. I've thought about looking at birthing centers as well but having a 6 week premature baby kind of puts me out of the running for those.

When I had my little one insurance was not a problem. We went and checked in the morning of my c-section and handed the insurance card. I filled out some paper work pre-surgery in the post op area and that was that. About a month later I got a copy of the bills that were already paid. Between my and my son's bills it was somewhere near $9-10,000. My cousin had her baby a month before vaginally had a bill that was about 2500. Mine was more because of the longer stay and my son having some extra tests. But yes there was a break down of charges.

$2500 is insane (in a good way). Even my normal delivery came up to about 8 grand.