Baby France Bans Child Beauty Pagents

I understand your example. What I was trying to understand from your viewpoint, is if said child was throwing a tantrum, what reinforcement could you use to stop the tantrum. You mentioned reinforcement was better than punishment. In my mind, punishment was by far more effective at stopping the tantrum. Notice punishment doesn't always mean spanking.
I would need to talk to Ladybutt as I think there is a flaw in your question. I don't think there is any reinforcement you can give that will stop the tantrum.

However, if you don't know why the child is tantruming there isnt a lot you can do, so let's just go with the child wants something. The proper response, according to operant conditioning is to not get them what they want, ignore the tantrum, and the child until they act in a manner that you want.
Punishment necessitates that you act immediately and consistently every single time you go to modify behavior.

I can't answer that so obviously the question is broken! :lol:

Like I said before. Too many variables.

I can't answer that so obviously the question is broken! :lol:

Like I said before. Too many variables.

Ahh. Please forgive me, I shall never admit I do not know everything about a topic ever again.
And there aren't too many variables, I gave a valid answer as to what to do in that situation, unfortunately if you are one that goes by appearances you won't like it because you end up looking like you let your kid scream and don't care.

Ahh. Please forgive me, I shall never admit I do not know everything about a topic ever again.
And there aren't too many variables, I gave a valid answer as to what to do in that situation, unfortunately if you are one that goes by appearances you won't like it because you end up looking like you let your kid scream and don't care.

Just so you know, like most others here already do, I use parenting advice from non parents as food for laughter.

AuEDLfB.jpg

in my mind, ignoring the tantrum is reinforcement that a tantrum is not going to work.

The issue with that is, if you're in a public place, you're now being a nuisance to everyone else around you. The method I chose to use (which would be a punishment in Asa's mind) worked fairly efficiently and has helped curb this behavior later in life.

The issue with that is, if you're in a public place, you're now being a nuisance to everyone else around you. The method I chose to use (which would be a punishment in Asa's mind) worked fairly efficiently and has helped curb this behavior later in life.

don't get me wrong, if ignoring it won't work, I'm all for electrocution. Shock collars are a very effective secondary method.

I would need to talk to Ladybutt as I think there is a flaw in your question. I don't think there is any reinforcement you can give that will stop the tantrum.

However, if you don't know why the child is tantruming there isnt a lot you can do, so let's just go with the child wants something. The proper response, according to operant conditioning is to not get them what they want, ignore the tantrum, and the child until they act in a manner that you want.
Punishment necessitates that you act immediately and consistently every single time you go to modify behavior.

So your method is the conditioning (which I also see as necessary), but the conditioning doesn't always happen, and reverting back to bad behavior can and will happen. That's why I feel punishment is necessary at times.

Yeah that sounds about right, hey Juli?

the thing is, its clear that the internet is not serious business for you. I dunno if this is because i met you in person or what, but for some other people, it appears the internet is very serious business

the thing is, its clear that the internet is not serious business for you. I dunno if this is because i met you in person or what, but for some other people, it appears the internet is very serious business

oh I can be serious on the internet. Just ask anyone here. I'm just not a emotionally static person, nor the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm not emotionally unstable as well. I'm just animated. Very expressive when I feel comfortable with people. The internet allows me to feel comfortable with people very quickly. In person it takes longer.