Baby France Bans Child Beauty Pagents

Fuck that noise. Fuck that bullshit. Seriously. Fuck all those god damn studies. Fuck them all completely. I don't give a fuck at all what they say. There are sooooooooooo many variables with children, and I do not believe they have accounted for even half of them. Raising children isn't a science.

I'd actually like to see if these 'pageant participants' do better, worse or the same in the real world later in life. (not the pageant winners that spend their lives with people kissing their ass because their pageant winners)

Look. Duke is a lonely old man. He's trying desperately to pick up a female partner but times a ticking for the old flogger. He's tried the usual, sport cars, leather jackets, but still hasn't been able to find his princess. I say we all give Duke a hug and chip in for a hooker for him.

I see you haven't finished with the cliche spout. Please continue.

I'd be funny to trap 123, Asa, and Duke into one thread and let them battle it out. (if they continued to post)

Who would win?!

I dont claim that I dont, though. Nor do I run around the forum yelling about how awesome it is that I didnt start an argument.

Nope, you were just the guy running around claiming I started most of them. My recent commentary was to point out that fallacy. No surprise that it went right over your head.

Positive - giving praise or a treat for behavior you want to continue.
Negative breaks down into sub groups, there is Escape and another I cant remember.
Escape - This doesn't really fit, but the best example I can think of now is hitting ignore to stop a phone from ringing.
The other is actively working to prevent something unwanted, going to work to make sure you have money for bills.

You could probably find better online by looking for Operant Conditioning

I was hoping for negative ones as they pertain to children. Obviously hitting ignore on a kid won't work. :p

I was hoping for negative ones as they pertain to children. Obviously hitting ignore on a kid won't work. :p

Ok, lemme try again. It is a little difficult because most easy examples of NR I hear of are the kid influencing the parents
Negative reinforcement is using a tactic or behavior to remove something that is already there (which is why withholding recess is a punishment.)
The most common example I see is a child throwing a tantrum in a store to get their favorite food. The parent acquiesces and buys the kid the food. From the child's POV they have experienced positive reinforcement, but from the parent's POV they have experienced negative. The tantrum was there before the food, by giving the food they remove the tantrum.

Neg Re is hard to explain properly for some reason.

That help?

Ok, lemme try again. It is a little difficult because most easy examples of NR I hear of are the kid influencing the parents
Negative reinforcement is using a tactic or behavior to remove something that is already there (which is why withholding recess is a punishment.)
The most common example I see is a child throwing a tantrum in a store to get their favorite food. The parent acquiesces and buys the kid the food. From the child's POV they have experienced positive reinforcement, but from the parent's POV they have experienced negative. The tantrum was there before the food, by giving the food they remove the tantrum.

Neg Re is hard to explain properly for some reason.

That help?

I understand your example. What I was trying to understand from your viewpoint, is if said child was throwing a tantrum, what reinforcement could you use to stop the tantrum. You mentioned reinforcement was better than punishment. In my mind, punishment was by far more effective at stopping the tantrum. Notice punishment doesn't always mean spanking.

I understand your example. What I was trying to understand from your viewpoint, is if said child was throwing a tantrum, what reinforcement could you use to stop the tantrum. You mentioned reinforcement was better than punishment. In my mind, punishment was by far more effective at stopping the tantrum. Notice punishment doesn't always mean spanking.
in my mind, ignoring the tantrum is reinforcement that a tantrum is not going to work.

what if we throw enemy in there with you.... and ZRH.

noone is leaving alive.

lol Me and enemy agree on most things. Must be a Commonwealth brotherhood thing. Me and ZRH would probably get along if we didn't like fucking with each other so much.