Baby France Bans Child Beauty Pagents

exactly.

suddenly, because the gov't states a law 'no children under 16 in pageants' means, "She just turned 16, and it's now totally legal to do this." We should all feel lucky that the gov't is here to bless us with their infinite wisdom.

Why declare that we can drive at 16, or vote at 18, or drink at 21?

I didn't. It's because there are power hungry jackasses that want control over their neighbors instead of letting the gene pool clean itself.

A society free of regulation is a society of apes, victimization, and exploitation. You really want to live in a world where we can do whatever we want and only the strong survive? :lol:

No one suggested that, & I disagree with your conclusion.

So how should the gene pool "clean itself" if not by free reign? I assume then that you agree with some regulation, and if that's the case then how does one pick and choose what to regulate?

Where did they request smaller government?

While I don't really care or agree with child pageants I find this a foolish thing for government to be getting involved in. Why does the government have to regulate every single detail of our lives and tell was what is and isn't worthwhile?

exactly.

suddenly, because the gov't states a law 'no children under 16 in pageants' means, "She just turned 16, and it's now totally legal to do this." We should all feel lucky that the gov't is here to bless us with their infinite wisdom.

If you don't regulate the weird sh*t people do to and with their kids, what is the point of society at all? No one cares how many adults parade around and rate each other. The government doesn't get involved with that unless it's a public health concern.

Again I ask where they requested small government.

I want small government.

Is that better? Of course the government can be good and help with some things but they want to be able to dictate everything. I don't need them telling me what choices to make and how to raise my kids. They should provide basic infrastructure/criminal support and butt out. I also believe that things should be handled much more on state levels, then if I don't like what the state of Arizona chooses I can move to a state that is more in line with my beliefs/wants/whatever.