Baby France Bans Child Beauty Pagents

My daughter has tap shoes, they don't look anything like that.

Can you still tap? Video?
lol, ya these are from the 80s so who knows how much they've changed... I don't feel like googling, but I'm sure the google bot members of the forum may want to.

I can remember the padabure, step ball change, and one complicated move I can't remember the name of... it's been too long.

Now that I think about it, this wasn't a good idea for a thread. This should have just gone in the spam thread. No one is going to come out in support of these child beauty pageants. Well maybe Kiki.

Before I thought it was just cute to have....but after seeing commercials for toddlers and tiaras, I agree they just need to get removed. Not just for what they're doing with the kids, but because of the parents themselves.

Before I thought it was just cute to have....but after seeing commercials for toddlers and tiaras, I agree they just need to get removed. Not just for what they're doing with the kids, but because of the parents themselves.
IMO it's not limited to dance or pageants.
We have encountered crazy dance parents as well as crazy soccer parents. They're all pressuring their kids to do better so they can try and reclaim a lost part of their youth. It's really sad.

Agreed. Whomever thought the idea of having children stand up in a line on stage to be "judged" in any particular way is disgusting. It's not a "talent" or "achievement" to look a certain way.

Agreed. Whomever thought the idea of having children stand up in a line on stage to be "judged" in any particular way is disgusting. It's not a "talent" or "achievement" to look a certain way.

Perfectly stated. Those kids are rated based on makeup layers and skin, which is so goddamn ridiculous it defies belief.

Perfectly stated. Those kids are rated based on makeup layers and skin, which is so goddamn ridiculous it defies belief.

"Hey there little miss 2nd place! I guess you weren't pretty enough to win. Try harder next time!"

Great family bonding experience.

"Hey there little miss 2nd place! I guess you weren't pretty enough to win. Try harder next time!"

Great family bonding experience.

Right? When I watched "Toddlers & Tiaras" here & there it was heartbreaking to see the kids sitting there crying & forced to sit in a chair to get 10lbs of whore makeup put on, 50lbs of extensions & then yelled at by their obese mother, "whaddya cryin' for?! Ya wanna win, dontcha?! Yuh aint gonna win actin' like no baby!" (Kid's like 2-3 years old....) :(

THEN, if they freeze on stage or forget their overly sexual dance routine moves, they get treated like shit by those same, worthless moms. "I toldya, ya gotta practice, but yuh din't wanna do no practicin'! Now look at yuh!"

When I was 8 to 10 I took part in drama competitions. For one Shakespearean monologue I got the following review. 'A fine Bottom but at times indistinct'. Luckily I was doing a monologue from A Midsummer Night's Dream or there would have been complaints made.

When I was 8 to 10 I took part in drama competitions. For one Shakespearean monologue I got the following review. 'A fine Bottom but at times indistinct'. Luckily I was doing a monologue from A Midsummer Night's Dream or there would have been complaints made.

I once played Dim in A Clockwork Orange in high school. Another teacher told me after our first production; "You're perfect for that role". Cunt.

While I don't really care or agree with child pageants I find this a foolish thing for government to be getting involved in. Why does the government have to regulate every single detail of our lives and tell was what is and isn't worthwhile?

While I don't really care or agree with child pageants I find this a foolish thing for government to be getting involved in. Why does the government have to regulate every single detail of our lives and tell was what is and isn't worthwhile?

exactly.

suddenly, because the gov't states a law 'no children under 16 in pageants' means, "She just turned 16, and it's now totally legal to do this." We should all feel lucky that the gov't is here to bless us with their infinite wisdom.

Because kids can't fend for themselves, and sexploitation is a blight on society.