[Article] Forum upgrade complete-ish

Nincompoop it's the other way around.
Being able to put a thread on ignore without having to put the person who started it on ignore, so you can still see and interact with them everywhere else

Although being able to put a person on ignore but still see threads they start, just not their posts in them, might not be a bad idea either.

Although being able to put a person on ignore but still see threads they start, just not their posts in them, might not be a bad idea either.
It literally started as the way he described. Nuber wondered where the spam thread was, I told him threads started by people on IL dont show up.

From that point there was enough dogfucking to get to the point that "it would be nice to be able to ignore entire threads" for some fucking reason, but it started cause Nuber couldn't find the spam thread.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
This might turn into a lot of babysitting and herding of cats for a place that's free to us and doesn't even have any ads in the way.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
It literally started as the way he described. Nuber wondered where the spam thread was, I told him threads started by people on IL dont show up.

From that point there was enough dogfucking to get to the point that "it would be nice to be able to ignore entire threads" for some fucking reason, but it started cause Nuber couldn't find the spam thread.

Ya part of it was figuring out why he couldn't see the RIP thread (Flop on ignore).

The other part was Maureen's insistence on using Tapatalk. Threads she has no interest in (like babbling bass geezers or Uranus) would show up at the top of her feed because they had the most recent posts and she'd have to "get them out of the way" to get to content she was interested in. Hence asking to be able to ignore threads without having to ignore the people that started them.

This.
Threads she has no interest in (like babbling bass geezers or Uranus) would show up at the top of her feed because they had the most recent posts and she'd have to "get them out of the way" to get to content she was interested in. Hence asking to be able to ignore threads without having to ignore the people that started them.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
& the request, if possible & easy to do, seems reasonable.

If there's a list of topics someone's not interested in, can they simply 'block' them? Essentially like calling a specific thread or threads 'spam' & having it dump off somewhere else.

Someone may love that Gee is canadian & a food wiz, but not so much about 3d printers. :lol:

I'll work on the ability to ignore threads. Keep in mind this would only work on the site, and not Tapatalk, so @Maureen keep that in mind! :p

However, the ability to ignore people, but not ignore the threads they start seems dumb, counter intuitive, and other shit. I'll pass.