Forum Fireside Chat

Candy said:
How else do you expect those that do live within meeting distance to all get together? Don't you think thats rather selfish?
Uh I meant the picture threads. And to be honest I was raking my mind rather hard to find something to complain about, I really truly dont care; which you would understand if you read the first and last parts of my post. Humour... Cannot be completely lost on you :p

No, I don't. Maybe those "undesireable members" should be asked to leave; hell, maybe you ought to post who here you think is undesirable and save me the suspense?
From this you obviously, at least subconsciously, think it may be you. Don't flatter yourself, it isnt. I meant Fase. ^__^ Nearly (personal exception, nothing to do with the board) everyone else is A O K with me.

Chillax dude or theac is going to ban me for personal attacks :p

FlamingGlory said:
Chillax dude or theac is going to ban me for personal attacks :p
I think it should be okay for you to voice your opinion of who you think is or isn't a good poster with out being banned. It's not like you would troll them after every post, but just let them know that you can't stand them.

I think its all a bunch of crap. People come here to have fun and it you start restricting posts to more than 10 words less than 500 and such its really going to kill this place. I agree that sometimes the posts aren't the greatest, but I think there is more good than bad and if you don't allow lol and "that is great" threads then anything good will die and be pushed down to the bottom of the page.

It's strange to hear people complaining about the rules around here. Supposidly, we all agreed to follow the rules of this forum when we joined. I don't see where anyone's be 'targeted'. If you break the rules, you break the rules. Period. The rules haven't changed, so if you've been "targeted", you put yourself in the crosshairs. The rules are easy to remember (and follow). It all boils down to being respectful. Don't be haten' on other members and observe the worksafe requirements. Make constructive contributions (aka content), otherwise you're wasting other peoples time. Granted this isn't 'real life' (the internets lollz) but we are not bots. On the other side of this post is a living breathing human being with feelings and opinions and limited time. No one has time to read threads full of "OMG H2U"....well....at least not everyone. If you do get a hobby and a brain.

This problem is really much simpler than people are making it out to be. We seem to have two types of posters here. We have people that want to chatter, and people that want "content". I think it's time for some subforums. One for chatter oriented threads, and one for on-topic discussions. So people that want to be 'entertained' have somewhere to go, and people that want something with more intellectual content can have their space too. Threads started in the discussion forum could have more guidelines to keep threads on topic. Dunno how practical this would be. But I thought I'd make a suggestion rather than just sit here and criticize.

Pandora said:
I think it's time for some subforums. One for chatter oriented threads, and one for on-topic discussions. So people that want to be 'entertained' have somewhere to go, and people that want something with more intellectual content can have their space too. Threads started in the discussion forum could have more guidelines to keep threads on topic. Dunno how practical this would be. But I thought I'd make a suggestion rather than just sit here and criticize.

I agree with 'subforums' ! This is a great idea and way to split the area between the serious and the senseless entertainment. I think other forum boards have a few subforums, so this makes sense.

But in the same regard I think most are like a close knit family around here and kinda read (atleast some bit) all the threads and contribute something. But atleast those that want nothing to do with chatter can move on to the serious side (and more controled) threads.

tvlogo.gif

Drool-Boy said:
How about a :gloerf: subforum?

Well I now get these posts. Now that I turned OFF worksafe. I kept wondering why the posts were empty :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
Can we have a MILF subforum?

I'll be the mod of it. :D

I also agree with Pandora, I think maybe to forums, one for more light hearted entertainment and one for more serious on topin conversations would be a great idea. It will define more what people are looking for when posting the thread.

kiwi said:
I'll be the mod of it. :D

I also agree with Pandora, I think maybe to forums, one for more light hearted entertainment and one for more serious on topin conversations would be a great idea. It will define more what people are looking for when posting the thread.

Yes one area more restricted and the other area with less controls

if people dont want to follow rules in this forum, what would a subforum accomplish? :thrawn: