Forum Fireside Chat

Candy said:
While we are on the subject of ignore lists... why in the hell would someone tell you that you are on theirs, continue to read your threads and posts, and comment on them negatively?

Dude... If you see something posted by someone you find "undesireable" and find it necessary to add them to your gay-ass list, DONT READ IT.

Grow up.
Wholeheartedly agree

KNYTE said:
I don't make many threads because (to be perfectly honest) I don't think most of the ideas I have are "content worthy". Is that a bad thing? No, I don't think so. I'm sparing people from waste of bandwith by thinking before I hit the "New Thread" button.

Think/search before you post, it's not all that terrible or difficult.

i wholeheartedly agree. before i make a post and especially before i make a thread, even if i've completely finished writing what i want to say, i'll go over it with a bit of scrutiny before hitting the submit button, just because i want what i have to say be remotely meaningful and yet almost polite.

also, to add to this, the back button is your friend. don't like what you read? don't want to see it? that's what the back button is for..

F33nX said:
i wholeheartedly agree. before i make a post and especially before i make a thread, even if i've completely finished writing what i want to say, i'll go over it with a bit of scrutiny before hitting the submit button, just because i want what i have to say be remotely meaningful and yet almost polite.

also, to add to this, the back button is your friend. don't like what you read? don't want to see it? that's what the back button is for..
With all due respect, where is the line between the back button being your friend and the majority of the threads are crap so I'm leaving? I hope you can see the quandry all this creates...

fly said:
With all due respect, where is the line between the back button being your friend and the majority of the threads are crap so I'm leaving? I hope you can see the quandry all this creates...
if it's an off chance occurrence that you just look at a thread or two and say meh and hit the back button, that's okay. where the line is drawn is where you read so many things that you don't think it's worth your time to be looking at the forum as much as you have been. unfortunately that's not a magic number for everyone, we all have different tolerance levels. however, if moderators maybe found a middle ground as the difference between a personally uninteresting thread vs. a waste of time thread, maybe that line could move back a little bit

I think it comes down to what most people think about the forum currently.

Me, I cast my vote for "Nothing wrong with it at all. Carry on."