WTF Former champ Takeru 'Tsunami' Kobayashi arrested at Nathan's hot dog eating contest

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10504627.stm

Fuckin crazy...

Former hot dog speed-eating champion Takeru Kobayashi has been arrested at this year's event in New York.

The six-time champion, who did not compete in this year's event, was arrested as he tried to get on the stage after the competition.

Mr Kobayashi had refused to sign a contract with the speed-eating body Major League Eating and was barred from the event at Coney Island.

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut won the contest for the fourth year running.

Mr Kobayashi, the thin Japanese contender who smashed all previous US records in 2001, jumped a barrier and tried to get up on the stage while the crowd chanted: "Let him eat!"
'Tsunami'

He briefly resisted police attempts to eject him from the stage, grabbing a barrier as they pulled him away.

The 32-year-old has been charged with resisting arrest, trespass and obstructing governmental administration.
Takeru Kobayashi (c) is lead away by police Mr Kobayashi had refused to sign an contract with Major League Eating

Mr Kobayashi, nicknamed "The Tsunami", had written on his Japanese-languange blog that he didn't want to sign a contract that would prevent him from entering speed eating competitions run by other federations.

Mr Chestnut, 26, won this year's annual Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest, winning a mustard yellow belt and the $20,000 first prize.

But his winning score of 58 hot dogs failed to beat his previous record of 68.

In a post-eat interview he reportedly said "if [Kobayashi] was a man he'd be up on stage", provoking Mr Kobayashi, who has been his main rival for the best part of a decade, the news agency Agence-France Presse reported.

The competition has become an Independence Day tradition.

Someone takes their hot dogs waaaay too seriously. How many do you fat fucks think you could eat? Who wants to bet that Kiki could eat the most?

This entire country needs to be consumed in nuclear fire.

Except the part that I'm in. Seriously though, commercializing the already grotesque spectacle of overeating? Jesus Christ. Talk about a big f*ck you to the people starving around the world. (and also starving animals, April)

how in the hell do we make everything into a competition? do people actually get a sense of accomplishment for being the best at shoving stuff down their throat?
when i'm feeling like a fatty i can eat 3 dogs

I've eaten 14 hot dogs in one day. 6 for lunch, and 8 for dinner.

No way am I ever going to eat 60 or whatever these fools eat.

And for what? Bragging rights? I don't see these competitive eaters making and sorts of impressive money.

how in the hell do we make everything into a competition? do people actually get a sense of accomplishment for being the best at shoving stuff down their throat?
when i'm feeling like a fatty i can eat 3 dogs

Lets have a hot dog eating competition on the river trip. It will give this other side of your family that has never met me a good impression.