Forget Plan A, Let's Go With Plan B

Yes or no for Plan B?

• Yes! Make Plan B readily available OTC.

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • No! Let nature take it's course.

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
FlyNavy said:
It's cheaper than a surgical procedure. :(

But you don't even have to do the surgical way.. there is a pill that you pop inside of yourself that goes through the whole abortion process without the need of suction or surgery.

April23 said:
But you don't even have to do the surgical way.. there is a pill that you pop inside of yourself that goes through the whole abortion process without the need of suction or surgery.
This is assuming you know you're pregnant within three days. For a girl that's nearing the end of her first trimester a pill is not going to cut it, is it?

FlyNavy said:
This is assuming you know you're pregnant within three days. For a girl that's nearing the end of her first trimester a pill is not going to cut it, is it?

No that's not what I'm talking about. They have a pill that you shove up your coot if you are up to two months pregnant that makes your body "miscarriage."

I'd google it but I'm at work... people will look at me funny.

http://plannedparenting.com/ search abortion pill

April23 said:
No that's not what I'm talking about. They have a pill that you shove up your coot if you are up to two months pregnant that makes your body "miscarriage."

I'd google it but I'm at work... people will look at me funny.

http://plannedparenting.com/ search abortion pill
oh :/

http://www.plannedparenthood.org is the site you wanted, btw. yours is a domain squatter :fly:

why_ask_why said:
this argument leads to the govt being responsible for the upbringing of children which is entirely an area they should not be involved in
it's really no different than federal issued warning on cigs and ratings on video games

another whole arguement I guess

FlyNavy said:
It's cheaper than a surgical procedure. :(
Are you talking about the D & C? I had one of those when I miscarried, and they gave me valium to relax but I was awake and aware of the whole thing. I remember it. I cried a lot... but not until after I asked the doctor for a 6 pack of that stuff to go.

I think that people should have licenses before they have kids. I mean you need a license to get married, you need a license to drive a car... why not a license before you become a parent?

The thing is though, that the people who really need this sort of thing will never use it. The sub-poverty families with 10 kids and a pregnant mom and daughter? Chances are they're Catholic and not only are abortions a no-no but so are contraceptives. What you are going to do is make carelessness even more simple for the middle class girls who want to do some coke and get gangbanged every Friday and not end up pregnant at prom.

So I don't really see much point, people who are already okay having abortions are going to use this instead, the people who this could really help won't do anything, so you're just making a convenience product, not really anything that's going to change overpopulation, poverty, or moral issues.

As far as the affordability factor goes, I would think that someone who doesn't make a lot of money would probably not buy this pill, on the off chance that they actually didn't get pregnant. They'd probably chance it, then opt for an abortion if they were in fact pregnant.

zengirl said:
Are you talking about the D & C? I had one of those when I miscarried, and they gave me valium to relax but I was awake and aware of the whole thing. I remember it. I cried a lot... but not until after I asked the doctor for a 6 pack of that stuff to go.

I think that people should have licenses before they have kids. I mean you need a license to get married, you need a license to drive a car... why not a license before you become a parent?

The thing is though, that the people who really need this sort of thing will never use it. The sub-poverty families with 10 kids and a pregnant mom and daughter? Chances are they're Catholic and not only are abortions a no-no but so are contraceptives. What you are going to do is make carelessness even more simple for the middle class girls who want to do some coke and get gangbanged every Friday and not end up pregnant at prom.

So I don't really see much point, people who are already okay having abortions are going to use this instead, the people who this could really help won't do anything, so you're just making a convenience product, not really anything that's going to change overpopulation, poverty, or moral issues.

Marriage is a civil contract and recognized by law, a marriage licence simply notarizes the contract and ensures compliance with the law. If there were no legal benefit resulting from marriage there would be no need for a marriage licence. For sake of example civil marriage (what we have in the US) does not exist in Israel, all marriages are Religious or Common. Procreative intercourse, is protected by the 14th amendment, I'm not going to type out the opinion but here it's there: EISENSTADT v. BAIRD, 405 U.S. 438 (1972)