Forcing me to protect myself? Blow Job?

KNYTE said:
Charlatan.

Did I not earlier state I believe we as humans and animals evolve even now (much less over the last 10,000 years)? When I made my last post I was making the comparison that if it's wrong to teach creative design in science class (as the beginning of life on the planet) how is evolution that much different? One just happens to have more science behind it, it's still only a BELIEF that was created to partially answer the question "where did we come from?"

Well I certainly hope that something being taught in Science class actually has some science to back it up!

And if your point is that current science isn't 100% right, I'll say you're damn right. Thankfully most scientists are able to say 'we don't know' or 'we were wrong.' Once you start saying 'God did it' for everything you don't have an answer for it makes it harder to actually go and find the answer.

KNYTE said:
No, gravity is a little different because we can actually see it working, we know it's there. Evolution versus creative design, regardless of how much scientific theory is put in place to back one side up, is still based on belief. You BELIEVE that we evolved from the basic elements of the life on the planet, but can you prove it?

Why is it most people can't have a debate without personally attacking the other side of the table? I'm just trying to express things from a different point of view, not change your thinking. Geeze, I'm arguing for the sake of arguing.
Gravity is only a theory. Look it up. We have no idea what causes it.

We can actually see evolution working, we know its happening. Its observable and repeatable. Just because it breaks down at the point of first creation, does that invalidate it as the mechanism of change for all known living creatures? No. Its scientific fact.

Sorry if it got personal, but I think people stating that evolution is just a belief is like Iran saying the Holocaust didn't really happen.

itburnswhenipee said:
It's possible to see evolution taking place within the span of a human lifetime in micro-organisms.

You know, as often as I have ever talked this issue to death I have honestly never once referred someone to this particular point as proof that evolution happens daily, all around us, and in fact with every disease and dose of antibiotics. Just kind of incredible since it's so obvious.

Sarcasmo said:
You know, as often as I have ever talked this issue to death I have honestly never once referred someone to this particular point as proof that evolution happens daily, all around us, and in fact with every disease and dose of antibiotics. Just kind of incredible since it's so obvious.

stfu wang wrangler

itburnswhenipee said:
Well I certainly hope that something being taught in Science class actually has some science to back it up!

And if your point is that current science isn't 100% right, I'll say you're damn right. Thankfully most scientists are able to say 'we don't know' or 'we were wrong.' Once you start saying 'God did it' for everything you don't have an answer for it makes it harder to actually go and find the answer.

How is that inherently different? One man says "because God made it that way" the other says "Oh the mysteries of science", neither is giving any further explaination. One is just a lot harder to justify than the other.

Sarcasmo said:

I firmly believe in evolution. If we as people, a race, and species did have not the ability to evolve we would've died out long ago. Everytime you recover from a cold your body has evolved from what it was prior to getting sick. My arguement is that idea that we all emerged from primordial goop into what we are today (and that's all there is to life) is a laughable to me as others find the creative design theory.

If we all came up from animals why do we have "souls"? Why do I feel bad if I wrong someone? Why aren't we allowed to go out and rape and kill at will just to continue our genetic line? If we were just advanced apes why are there "good" people who have interests and things to do in life beyond just themselves and the "passage of genetic material"?

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
How is that inherently different? One man says "because God made it that way" the other says "Oh the mysteries of science", neither is giving any further explaination. One is just a lot harder to justify than the other.

BURN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!

KNYTE said:

Nice try. More reasonable would be one person saying "God did it," and another saying "I don't know," and then possibly saying, "but maybe it's [insert idea here]. What tests can we perform to see whether or not this is the case?"

theacoustician said:
Gravity is only a theory. Look it up. We have no idea what causes it.

We can actually see evolution working, we know its happening. Its observable and repeatable. Just because it breaks down at the point of first creation, does that invalidate it as the mechanism of change for all known living creatures? No. Its scientific fact.

Sorry if it got personal, but I think people stating that evolution is just a belief is like Iran saying the Holocaust didn't really happen.
So my philosophy teacher was saying that there is currently a multi billion dollar endeavor to recreate the first trillianth of a second of the universe. Not the actual bang, but a trillianth of a second thereafter.

itburnswhenipee said:
Nice try. More reasonable would be one person saying "God did it," and another saying "I don't know," and then possibly saying, "but maybe it's [insert idea here]. What tests can we perform to see whether or not this is the case?"

Exactly, which circles it back to what I'm saying that the evolution/primodrial emergence theory is just as much an unsubstantiated belief as creative design is. One does not necessarily have anymore factual truth to it than the other. One person believing in it is entirely based on that individuals feelings, religion (or non-religion), and upbringing.

Drool-Boy said:
BURN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!

Ya'll suckas just remember who got guns when the meat comes around. :fly:

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
Exactly, which circles it back to what I'm saying that the evolution/primodrial emergence theory is just as much an unsubstantiated belief as creative design is. One does not necessarily have anymore factual truth to it than the other. One person believing in it is entirely based on that individuals feelings, religion (or non-religion), and upbringing.

I think there may be something you don't understand about scientific method. More likely, I think you're just trolling. I'll post this link anyways, just in case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_Method

Pandora said:
Back in 1994 when Q took Picard back in time and saw he the oozing puddle of life. :tard:

I loved Q. Best character ever. He just exists. No good, no evil. Only truth.

*lighter*

Sarcasmo said:
I loved Q. Best character ever. He just exists. No good, no evil. Only truth.

*lighter*
I remember back in the day when the guy who played Q was a regular on Days of our Lives, I loved watching Star Trek cuz of that.

:tard:

Why can't we teach it all in school? Teachers can just say some people believe this theory, some people believe this theory, and some people don't know what they believe. I think it is important to understand everyone's point of view and then make up your own mind what you personally want to think. If we don't teach evolution or intelligent design or any of the theories, then we are gonna wind up with some really ignorant people running around. Why not just make them all more well rounded? Then again, this might promote tolerance, and we certainly wouldn't want that.