For those who know code, a glimpse into my life.

Forrest Dump said:
Theres a vietnamese lady that works here
I literally cant understand a word she says, so when she comes over to talk to me I just nod and go "ok"
I've trained myself to pick out a few words here and there. What gets me is when someone learns a phrase and that becomes their verbal crutch. For her it's either "Hey Dirk, do you think so that we can..." or "daa-taa", which apparently explains any single thing that is involved in the computer.

DirkPhoenix said:
I've trained myself to pick out a few words here and there. What gets me is when someone learns a phrase and that becomes their verbal crutch. For her it's either "Hey Dirk, do you think so that we can..." or "daa-taa", which apparently explains any single thing that is involved in the computer.
Reading "daa-taa" makes me cringe, I know what that sounds like :(

DirkPhoenix said:

The lady here always starts with "Do you tink dat..." and then I go blank.

Forrest Dump said:
The lady here always starts with "Do you tink dat..." and then I go blank.

The greater majority of our technicians are Asian of one form or another- I hate to admit it, but I can actually understand them now.

the only problem i have are the indian student workers at our help desk.

most of them have either graduated or otherwise left, but there used to be about a 50% chance that when a user called, they wouldn't be able to understand the person trying to help them.

add in existing confusion and ignorance about computers, and you've got some very pissed off users.

Kabn said:
the only problem i have are the indian student workers at our help desk.

most of them have either graduated or otherwise left, but there used to be about a 50% chance that when a user called, they wouldn't be able to understand the person trying to help them.

add in existing confusion and ignorance about computers, and you've got some very pissed off users.
Bet that makes for some quality stories.