For those who know code, a glimpse into my life.

DirkPhoenix

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Austin, Land of pot and...pot
www.jesustomars.com
Marklar
₥0
This is a bit of what I deal with on a day-to-day basis. This particular bit comes from a Vietnamese co-worker called Anh. That is not her real name, but a name she chose. She's supposed to be a good C programmer but I was assigned to help her learn C++. This is a glimpse of what happened just now. Repeat this about 5-7 times a day and that is what I deal with daily.

The file: 3014.h
The first line in the file: #include <3014.h>

When asked why she did this, she said "It make-a de errors go away."

-----------------------------------

The file: 3014.h

The second line in the file: char data1[8] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 'LONG', 'LAT', 'ALT', 8};

When asked why she did this, she said "Because I compare the daataa with another daataa that is a char."

I can't make this stuff up. Just imagine, these are the sort of people that build planes that protect America.

I got out coding because I was making similar rationalizations. :(

i don't know a bit of C++, so i'm not quite sure how the first one is stupid.

but the second one is funny.

Kabn said:
i don't know a bit of C++, so i'm not quite sure how the first one is stupid.

but the second one is funny.
Imagine you are a compiler.

---Okay, let's go. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h.....

Until the buffer fills up.

DirkPhoenix said:
Imagine you are a compiler.

---Okay, let's go. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h. Let me go find 3014.h. Okay found it. First line: include 3014.h.....

Until the buffer fills up.
:lol:

that actually made me chuckle.

now i am 1337 and stuff.