For those who havent noticed, NEW ARCADE GAMES v.diat

b_sinning said:
What's the secret to getting a high score in bubbles?

That balancing game sucks!

Dunno, I figure I'm doing pretty good if I can get the board cleared. I really suck at Bubbles, but it's fun anyway.

DW said:
Dunno, I figure I'm doing pretty good if I can get the board cleared. I really suck at Bubbles, but it's fun anyway.

If you clear out the board, the game is over. So if you are shooting for the high score, that's not adviseable.

Nemo said:
I could have gotten that title in your absense, but I just kinda scrolled past it and couldn't be bothered wasting a full minute.

I just received the all time highest score on Chopper challenge (within here at least) would have gotten higher had I not gotten so giddy and started to think about 10,000

b_sinning said:
What's the secret to getting a high score in bubbles?

That balancing game sucks!

Any bubbles that are popped from being detached from the rest are worth 10x the normal bubble points. if you clear the board of a single color, it does not reappear. when you get down to two colors, you have five minutes to clear the board. if you clear the board at any point, your score is doubled and the game is over.

Someone needs to make a vid of themselves playing bubbles cause I seriously don't get it. No matter how hard I try I can't fucking break 3000. I must be missing something really obvious. I've tried popping anything I see as fast as possible, tried to string up rows of the same colour and then popping them all, tried to put bubbels under a row of other bubbles to make them drop off with the row above them.

Serious replies only I'm fucking crying here!

I Robert I said:
Someone needs to make a vid of themselves playing bubbles cause I seriously don't get it. No matter how hard I try I can't fucking break 3000. I must be missing something really obvious. I've tried popping anything I see as fast as possible, tried to string up rows of the same colour and then popping them all, tried to put bubbels under a row of other bubbles to make them drop off with the row above them.

you do realize that every time you dont pop at least three of the same color, you lose one of the green bubbles under your score. when you run out, it adds another row of bubbles. when the bubbles drop just past the black, you lose.

thrawn said:
Any bubbles that are popped from being detached from the rest are worth 10x the normal bubble points. if you clear the board of a single color, it does not reappear. when you get down to two colors, you have five minutes to clear the board. if you clear the board at any point, your score is doubled and the game is over.

Thank you. I've been wondering about that. I've doubled my score only once and I wasn't sure why it happened.

I Robert I said:

fcryinghere.jpg

thrawn said:
you do realize that every time you dont pop at least three of the same color, you lose one of the green bubbles under your score. when you run out, it adds another row of bubbles. when the bubbles drop just past the black, you lose.
No, I didn't realise that :D I hadn't actually noticed what made those green bubbles go away. I thought the addition of another row of bubbles was based on time so I was playing as fast as I possible could to "beat the clock"...

Yeah, it's official I'm a moron.