For those of you who are parents on here... (girl thread)

IIRC, when my mom (nurse practitioner) recommends bottles she recommends Avent (or maybe Advent) because they have 3 holes in the nipple.

CletusJones said:
IIRC, when my mom (nurse practitioner) recommends bottles she recommends Avent (or maybe Advent) because they have 3 holes in the nipple.

I was just going to ask what you guys know about it :eek:

DW said:
I was just going to ask what you guys know about it :eek:

Plenty thanks- all three kids were bottle babies. Breast feeding just wasn't in the cards for my wife........ Advent bottles are what we had though, and then later on, Nuk or something like that.

BigDov said:
Plenty thanks- all three kids were bottle babies. Breast feeding just wasn't in the cards for my wife........ Advent bottles are what we had though, and then later on, Nuk or something like that.

It doesn't work out for everyone, and not all women want to do it. It's a great thing for the babies, but somehow most bottle-fed babies do fine :cool:

DW said:
Sorry, can't help a lot with this one, I breast-fed all three of mine :eek:

I am planning on brest-feeding, I just want to get some bottles for when its not possible to brest-feed. I am in a wedding shortly after the baby is due and it won't exactly be easy with a dress on. Also for when I am at work, and when the baby is with family.

HifiGirly said:
I am planning on brest-feeding, I just want to get some bottles for when its not possible to brest-feed. I am in a wedding shortly after the baby is due and it won't exactly be easy with a dress on. Also for when I am at work, and when the baby is with family.
Are you going to pump it?:hi2u:

Desslock said:
Oh yeah. Let me get some cookies. :p

I come prepared:

peanut_butter_cookie.jpg