for those of you that live in places that know what winter is

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
anyone own snowmachines? i'm trying to decide if i want to buy one. was just curious if anyone here went riding on a regular basis. i mean, i have all the gear so the next logical step is to buy a sled of my own. i dunno, i can't justify it to myself quite yet though. not when it's too cold to ride eight times out of ten.

I would totally buy one if I lived in Alaska. The only crappy thing is that they are so dang loud. You can't go out and peacefully enjoy the wilderness on a snowmobile.

Oh yeah, my family is from northern Wisconsin so I've spent some time on them when visiting relatives over the years. I also love the cold so I'm not adverse to riding when it's 50 below. I've got some thick ass blood.

there's a funny comment in this somewhere but i'm too tired to make the effort to find it. damn.

Reminds me of a guy who once said he likes to move the hyphen in those types of statements to make himself smile.

"I've got some thick-ass blood."

"I've got some thick ass-blood."

Ignore the fact that I forgot the hyphen in the first place. :shifty:

I guess you'd have to consider the cost of buying and maintaining vs the cost of borrowing/renting. Don't forget to consider resale value. Do you ride a lot now?

I guess you'd have to consider the cost of buying and maintaining vs the cost of borrowing/renting. Don't forget to consider resale value. Do you ride a lot now?

i get dragged around enough to warrant my own sled. and the other half is an absolute sled-head and he's promised to help maintain. and i'm pretty sure the thought of me buying my own machine gives him a raging erection.

i get dragged around enough to warrant my own sled. and the other half is an absolute sled-head and he's promised to help maintain. and i'm pretty sure the thought of me buying my own machine gives him a raging erection.
ah, so you're a passenger mostly at the moment? in that case two sleds is always better than one if for no other reason than safety. you also get the added joy of driving. just make sure you're going to get good use out of it and won't have trouble with maintenance or storage. there's always going to be a chunk of the year where it's just in the way of the lawnmower or something.

It also helps if you're married. If you're just dating "the other half" then it could turn into an expensive reminder of when you dated a guy into snowmobiles.

edit: and for the record... I live in Texas.

Last edited:
It also helps if you're married. If you're just dating "the other half" then it could turn into an expensive reminder of when you dated a guy into snowmobiles.

truth. but given that i'm not going anywhere for quite some time and two out of every three guys in the state are into snow machines i'm sure it would still come in handy.

and i'm no stranger to horrible reminders. 'why yes, i do need another tattoo'

Reminds me of a guy who once said he likes to move the hyphen in those types of statements to make himself smile.

"I've got some thick-ass blood."

"I've got some thick ass-blood."

Ignore the fact that I forgot the hyphen in the first place. :shifty:
I believe that was from a comic on xkcd