Aug 15, 2006
tampa, fl
Marklar
₥1,126
Steam
wessels
picture.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachikō
In 1924, Hachikō was brought to Tokyo by his owner, Hidesaburō Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo. During his owner's life Hachikō saw him off from the front door and greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno didn't return on the usual train one evening. The professor had suffered a stroke at the university that day. He died and never returned to the train station where his friend was waiting.

Hachikō was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, showing up again and again at his old home. After time, Hachikō apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachikō waited for Professor Ueno to return. And each day he didn't see his friend among the commuters at the station.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachikō attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachikō and Professor Ueno together each day. Realizing that Hachikō waited in vigil for his dead master, their hearts were touched. They brought Hachikō treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

This continued for 10 years, with Hachikō appearing only in the evening time, precisely when the train was due at the station.

Awww cute. When I lived in my old house with my friend and his dog he got a new girlfriend who lived about 8 miles away and most nights the dog would escape her house and run all the way back through the town (god knows how he navigated all that way) and make his way back to our front door because he loved our house so much. Cats do stuff like that too. My cats would accompany me to the bus stop in the morning if I didn't stop them.

Also when my boyfriend used to work his welding job he would meet his friend about 3 streets away and get a lift to work from there. The cat would follow him there and sit in our friends garden all day long til he came back, then walk home with him. :cool:

Shame that cat got run over last year. :(

NEW CASTLE, Ind. - A cat helped spare a family from death by carbon monoxide poisoning by jumping on the bed and meowing wildly as fumes filled the home, the owners said.

Eric and Cathy Keesling said their 14-year-old cat, Winnie, played a crucial role in saving their lives March 24 after a gasoline-powered water pump in their basement caused the odorless but deadly gas to build up.

About 1 a.m., the domestic shorthair began nudging Cathy’s ear and meowing loudly.“It was a crazy meow, almost like she was screaming,” said Cathy, who hesitated to get up until Winnie’s caterwauling and jumping persisted.

When she finally climbed from bed, she realized she was nauseous and dizzy and couldn’t awaken her husband. Because he had undergone minor neck surgery the previous day, she decided to call 911 but was so disoriented she had trouble dialing.

Paramedics found the couple’s 14-year-old son, Michael, unconscious on the floor near his bedroom. The Keeslings were taken from the home in oxygen masks, treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and soon recovered.

Cathy Keesling said Winnie acted similarly last summer when tornadoes tore through the area, 45 miles east of Indianapolis.

“I really believe cats can sense these kind of things,” she said.

Wow that's an old story. Did you find that on Genmay?

/waw

Cats are just as great at things and you know that. o_O

I was at the retirement community where my grandfather-in-law lives and observed some stray cats that live around the place patiently waiting for one of the residents to come outside for her daily walk. All three of the cats walk with her every day at the same time. It was so sweet I almost cried.

i've had three dogs and two of them were from shelters.

The first one was a pup from the shelter and the second was a full grown adult from the shelter. The adult just acts like an autistic child, and the shelter thought it came from a breeding mill. But once in a while she does show affection, and lately its been more frequent.

Question for ap13:

Where do tentacle rape monsters rate compared to dogs and cats?

i don't know if they can be considered pets... especially with the fear that they might not obey your command and wish to explore your holes.

I like the fact that my cats don't give a shit about me. I personally find that a much more redeeming quality than a goggie.

so you feed them, let them shit in your clothes, and bite the fuck out of you... and call it love?

Last edited: