For Sale: Slightly used Illinois Senate Seat

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/politics/09text-illinois.html

former Illinois governors in prison:

George Ryan, convicted of federal corruption charges and sentenced to six years, six months n federal prison

Daniel Walker, Mr. Walker, who was Governor from 1973 until 1977, pleaded guilty to fraud, misapplicaiton of funds and perjury charges in August. The charges stemmed, in part, from loans he arranged from a savings and loan association he owned with his wife, prosecutors said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE2DD1438F935A35752C0A96E948260

As a resident of the most corrupt state in the country, all I have to say is Good Job electing the next president from here. LOL!!!

CHANGE

Now it seems Obama's Chief of Staff is ducking for cover and Obama might have been aware of the goings on.

I kept telling people not to elect someone from Illinois but noooooo can't listen to me.

I'm very interested in seeing how this unfolds.

It's just ironic to me and pisses me off that Obama's biggest campaign promise was to go in and put an end to corruption in Washington. All along I was asking myself how the hell he can do that when he can't even do that in the state of Illinois.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/politics/09text-illinois.html

former Illinois governors in prison:

George Ryan, convicted of federal corruption charges and sentenced to six years, six months n federal prison

Daniel Walker, Mr. Walker, who was Governor from 1973 until 1977, pleaded guilty to fraud, misapplicaiton of funds and perjury charges in August. The charges stemmed, in part, from loans he arranged from a savings and loan association he owned with his wife, prosecutors said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE2DD1438F935A35752C0A96E948260

As a resident of the most corrupt state in the country, all I have to say is Good Job electing the next president from here. LOL!!!

CHANGE

Now it seems Obama's Chief of Staff is ducking for cover and Obama might have been aware of the goings on.

I kept telling people not to elect someone from Illinois but noooooo can't listen to me.

I'm very interested in seeing how this unfolds.

the news says illinois is ranked 17 or 18 for most corruption charges

I was amazed when I watched a show about this on MSNBC last night. The dude actually swore on his dead parents that he would never take bribes or give in to corruption. :lol:

George Ryan called him a disgrace. You KNOW you've fucked up when that's the case. :lol:

His Lieutenant Governor apparently hasn't spoken to him since the summer of 2007, around the time that Lt. Gov. introduced legislation that would allow corrupt politicians to be recalled. :lol:

I think they said his approval rating is around 4%? How is that even possible?

It's just ironic to me and pisses me off that Obama's biggest campaign promise was to go in and put an end to corruption in Washington. All along I was asking myself how the hell he can do that when he can't even do that in the state of Illinois.

senators don't babysit governors

The federal government has nothing to do with state. This little thing called the constitution keeps getting in the way. I think they went to war over such interference once back in the 1800's. I could be wrong.

The federal government has nothing to do with state. This little thing called the constitution keeps getting in the way. I think they went to war over such interference once back in the 1800's. I could be wrong.

Are you referring to the Tophat Scuffle at McKee's Tavern in 1843?

You misunderstood me. What I meant was that he had absolutely no impact on corruption in the state while he was a senator and in fact his chief of staff is being looked at in connection to the Blowsgoatsnfish case, even if Obama isn't indicated in the case, he's still surrounding himself with corrupt people so how can he make good on his vow to clean up Washington?

You misunderstood me. What I meant was that he had absolutely no impact on corruption in the state while he was a senator and in fact his chief of staff is being looked at in connection to the Blowsgoatsnfish case, even if Obama isn't indicated in the case, he's still surrounding himself with corrupt people so how can he make good on his vow to clean up Washington?

Senator is a federal post, is it not?

Is this what happens when you spend a weekend with Kevlar?

Your problem is that you're too idealistic. Start small. He's the first black president! Yay! Thirty years from now we'll move on to corruption.

Last edited:
sarah's beef with him amuses me...she acts like the guy was supposed to make her breakfast everyday because he was her senator :fly:

Senator is a federal post, is it not?

Is this what happens when you spend a weekend with Kevlar?

I see no real reason to be throwing personal insults in an ontopic thread, especially against someone who isn't here to respond.

Again, you missed the crux of my concern. State and Federal governments aside, president elect has surrounded himself with folks of interest in this case: http://cbs2chicago.com/governor/blagojevich.rahm.emanuel.2.885663.html

Now if my concern about Obama's ineffectiveness in the IL senate is moot, then certainly I can harbor concern about his choice of politicans.

Ummm, its pretty impossible to get to the top without getting SOME dirt on you. No, I take that back, its TOTALLY impossible. But that doesn't mean that you can't use the system to your advantage and THEN clean it up. Let's hope that's the case...