For real, life is weirder than fiction

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
I was divorced 5 1/2 years ago otherwise today would have been my 9th wedding anniversary. My ex is an alcoholic who has varrying degress of success and failure with AA, I haven't spoken with him since November, and even then he was struggling.

Today I get this email from him:

I just wanted to take a moment on this day to thank you. Thank you for being you. Thank you for sharing part of your life with me. Thank you for being the exact right person at the exact right time. Thank you for teaching me more about love. Thank you for letting me go when I needed to find the pain I needed. Thank you for being a friend to me when I needed one. Thank you.

And now he wants to call and talk with me tonight. Now, at first I was kinda weirded out because I figure it's time to let go, and time to stop celebrating the ghosts of what could have been, that's not healthy, but now I'm kinda freaked out thinking that he could be drinking again and at his last wit... what if he's thinking of something drastic?

This is kinda creepy....

You got married too young.

Sounds like he's trying to play the nastalgia card to get some booty.

Sarah you remember that time on genmay when you had all the guys hitting on you. Ah good times.

drastic like offing himself? Or drastic like skinning your cats, raping flynavy, and wearing your underwear?

smileynev said:
drastic like offing himself? Or drastic like skinning your cats, raping flynavy, and wearing your underwear?
Like offing himself.

He's 38, no job, no prospects, and I know he hasn't had a serious relationship in a long time.

He doesn't know where I live, he's the reason I don't put my name on the utilities or leave any sort of record of my current address. Even my DMV address is 2 or 3 addresses behind.

zengirl said:
Like offing himself.

He's 38, no job, no prospects, and I know he hasn't had a serious relationship in a long time.

He doesn't know where I live, he's the reason I don't put my name on the utilities or leave any sort of record of my current address. Even my DMV address is 2 or 3 addresses behind.

38? WTF? So he's 9 years older then you? Fuck, thats old.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT hold yourself accountable for his actions. It's his life, not yours, like you said, you need to move on and not think about "what could have been".

b_sinning said:
That should have been a sign something was wrong when he couldn't find a girl his age.
;) because we all have our heads on straight when we're 18, right?

When I was 26, my brothers friends were 18, and it wasn't until then that I realzied how creepy that age difference was.

Everyone does stupid stuff at that age, the stupid stuff I did just seems to stay with me longer. :lol: