Thread For Mike, Laim, et al.

yea, you assume nobody might be perceptive to what atheists have to say. you perceive it as an attack and arrogance against your own religion.

Even a militant atheist will extend their hand to church charity in times of hardship.

Yes I have.

I always donate to collectors when I see them no matter what religious affiliation. What matter is the people who need the charity and not the charity themselves, even though most religious charities will keep a certain percentage for themselves..

People usually change religious affiliation/non-religious affiliation at least once in their lifetime.

yea, cause they were born religious and either quit believing when they find out about santa clause, or marry someone of a different denomination and convert for their spouses/kids sake. better yet, a lot of people move and don't like the new church for their denomination so they switch.

i personally find nothing wrong with religion, until it organizes and starts trying to effect other people.

I find it funny that Ara is making a post about others with smug certain. He's one of the most smuggly certain people I've ever encountered.

These days its been replaced by knowledge that hasn't been available to the commoners for ~1,900 years. And previous to that, they would either shun you or burn you at the stake. That tends to shut up non-believers.

I'm not talking about religion offering an explanation for a phenomenon. I'm talking about it offering hope and love. Those two things resonate with people across the world, and have for millenia. That's why people seek out religion, for the most part. Not because they don't understand black holes.

I'm not talking about religion offering an explanation for a phenomenon. I'm talking about it offering hope and love. Those two things resonate with people across the world, and have for millenia. That's why people seek out religion, for the most part. Not because they don't understand black holes.

Bullshit. People seek out religion for the same reason the seek out almost everything, because they a scared into thinking it's what they need.

Bullsh*t. People seek out religion for the same reason the seek out almost everything, because they a scared into thinking it's what they need.

No.

You'll find that most adults couldn't care less what other people think they need. They decide for themselves. I'm not talking about kids who accept what they are born into. I'm talking about adults on a spiritual pilgrimage, looking for what suits and completes them.

Not counting arabs. They just like to blow stuff up.

No.

You'll find that most adults couldn't care less what other people think they need. They decide for themselves. I'm not talking about kids who accept what they are born into. I'm talking about adults on a spiritual pilgrimage, looking for what suits and completes them.

Not counting arabs. They just like to blow stuff up.

What most adults think about what other people need is completely irrelevant to this..

Last time I checked Jesus wanted us to proselytize among the non-believers, not proselytize with a big stick.
give a flying fuck what you think jesus wanted. and even if you did know what jesus wanted - and you don't - it still wouldn't matter because there's zero reason to believe he's more important than any other jew that was crucified by the romans