Thread For Mike, Laim, et al.

Religion is there to substitute answers to questions that are currently unanswered. It will always be around as long as there are questions to be answered.

Even you realize religion isn't that shallow. But in case you don't: religion isn't that shallow.

Focus on the other 87% of it. What does salvation through Christ have to do with unanswered questions for Christians?

What do the blessing of Allah have to do with unanswered questions for Muslims?

Don't be so spiritually vanilla.

Even you realize religion isn't that shallow. But in case you don't: religion isn't that shallow.

Focus on the other 87% of it. What does salvation through Christ have to do with unanswered questions for Christians?

I understand why people need religion. I don't need it, but it's not worth my spouting my opinion of it to them.

It IS fun to argue about it online though. It's a timeless tradition on the intrawebs.

Religion is a social meme. No different than blacksmithing being passed from father to son. I mean really, what percentage of the world do you think has heard of the Big Bang? Seriously. Give me a percentage.

I have no clue what caused it nor do I think that God did. I just want Mr Omniscient to explain to the world what caused the phenomenon.

The world is CONSTANTLY changing; it's not a 'phenomenon,' you are only calling it one because you cannot explain it.

Religion is a social meme. No different than blacksmithing being passed from father to son. I mean really, what percentage of the world do you think has heard of the Big Bang? Seriously. Give me a percentage.

69%.

I have no clue what caused it nor do I think that God did. I just want Mr Omniscient to explain to the world what caused the phenomenon.

Lets assume that science doesn't have an answer for that. Does that mean that we should throw all science away? Ever heard of God of the Gaps? Maybe YOU should read some classic Dawkins. God forbid tho, right?

No matter how advanced civilization gets, no matter whether we can innoculate our children against every known disease and malady or travel to the crab nebula on beams of accelerated atoms whenever we get horny, we will always have religion. Mark it down.

No matter how advanced civilization gets, no matter whether we can innoculate our children against every known disease and malady or travel to the crab nebula on beams of accelerated atoms whenever we get horny, we will always have religion. Mark it down.

Who is disagreeing with you?

Of course we will. Fallout 3 showed me that. However, religion will continue to erode as science enlightens more and more people. You really don't religion to answer the questions of the cosmos, nor is it needed for hope and love.

Of course we will. Fallout 3 showed me that. However, religion will continue to erode as science enlightens more and more people. You really don't religion to answer the questions of the cosmos, nor is it needed for hope and love.

NEED and WANT are not the same, Jedi Master. Nor will they ever be.

As religion wanes in the circles of those who no longer NEED it to answer their answered questions, it will experience a massive resurgence amongst those who WANT it to fill other voids in their lives and within society.

The world is CONSTANTLY changing; it's not a 'phenomenon,' you are only calling it one because you cannot explain it.

I use phenomenon because it is an unexplained event. Not everything can be explained by science. It just like the Useful Idiots (mostly secular humanists) that say we must some about Global Warming\Cooling\Climate Change right now. The earth has been around for ~ 4 billion years. Going from red hot volcanic planet to an Ice Ball and everything in between. The earth will survive us until ~5.5 billion years from now when our sun will become a red giant.