For Chikken and Arátoeldar... Kevlar too

BigDov

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
close to Seattle
Marklar
₥0
I did one of my usual fly-by logins and posted in a couple threads Friday, and was actually surprised someone (someones in this case) saw it and replied. Chikken asked for updates, so here they are.

Since reducing my posting habits to pretty much nothing for a couple years, I've been doing a lot of searching within myself about what to do with my life, my family and my life. Yes, I said that twice. This will be kind of out of order, but I'm sure all three of you that read it will be able to deal with it :)

WAY BACK: rewind to when I used to post and shortly after not posting (post-posting?), I had a lot of things come at me in my family life that I needed to seriously work on, for fear of me actually losing my family. That wasn't an option, so said things have been and are continually worked on. End result of the vague "things" I've been working on, I'm helping other dudes get out of an addictive cycle in their own lives now, and it's pretty cool and rewarding.

RECENTLY: I worked for Sun Microsystems for 11 years in total, and about 7 years into that stint, I was growing really antsy about all of the layoffs in the tech sector and Sun on a yearly basis, and decided to do something about it. Last August, I left Sun to be a project manager at a friend's company, which has been extremely rewarding for me. I now manage the graphic arts, development (coding), and web development departments along with the projects. It keeps me busy, it cut my commute in half, and it was an increase in pay, got an iPhone, a laptop and benefits *shrug* .... it's pretty tough to complain.

NOW: I found myself with some extra time and I thought it might be fun to drop in here and see what was going on, and it looked like really nothing had changed a whole lot.... different names, same UF. CletusJones and I have stayed in touch via email once in a great while, but outside of that, it just felt like it was time to kinda come back and see what happens around these parts on a daily basis.

I'm sure that it will be no time at all before April and I are able to rekindle our mild hate - severe disdain relationship, but that's cool, I kind of even missed her/him too :fly:

So that's it for now :heart:

omg dude, glad to hear that you're doing okay man. Can you throw a cool job opportunity like that to me?

and btw, you werent addicted to pr0n like that guy from the xfiles, were ya?

Tough to reply to everyone at the same time, but here goes:

F33NX!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
Fly- I'll keep my eyes open, and yes I was.
April- I know, ass.
Fly- only on special occasion.
F33nx- I could if coaxed LOL

I did one of my usual fly-by logins and posted in a couple threads Friday, and was actually surprised someone (someones in this case) saw it and replied. Chikken asked for updates, so here they are.

Since reducing my posting habits to pretty much nothing for a couple years, I've been doing a lot of searching within myself about what to do with my life, my family and my life. Yes, I said that twice. This will be kind of out of order, but I'm sure all three of you that read it will be able to deal with it :)

WAY BACK: rewind to when I used to post and shortly after not posting (post-posting?), I had a lot of things come at me in my family life that I needed to seriously work on, for fear of me actually losing my family. That wasn't an option, so said things have been and are continually worked on. End result of the vague "things" I've been working on, I'm helping other dudes get out of an addictive cycle in their own lives now, and it's pretty cool and rewarding.

RECENTLY: I worked for Sun Microsystems for 11 years in total, and about 7 years into that stint, I was growing really antsy about all of the layoffs in the tech sector and Sun on a yearly basis, and decided to do something about it. Last August, I left Sun to be a project manager at a friend's company, which has been extremely rewarding for me. I now manage the graphic arts, development (coding), and web development departments along with the projects. It keeps me busy, it cut my commute in half, and it was an increase in pay, got an iPhone, a laptop and benefits *shrug* .... it's pretty tough to complain.

NOW: I found myself with some extra time and I thought it might be fun to drop in here and see what was going on, and it looked like really nothing had changed a whole lot.... different names, same UF. CletusJones and I have stayed in touch via email once in a great while, but outside of that, it just felt like it was time to kinda come back and see what happens around these parts on a daily basis.

I'm sure that it will be no time at all before April and I are able to rekindle our mild hate - severe disdain relationship, but that's cool, I kind of even missed her/him too :fly:

So that's it for now :heart:

Thank you very much for the update BigDov. :heart:

I hope every is going well with you, your wife and three daughters. :heart:

Congratulations on the new job. :):cool:

Have you seen the Burger's new daughter yet?

I assume that CJ is married by now and that his child has been born.

Pittsburgh.

:lol::heart:

Thank you very much for the update BigDov. :heart:

I hope every is going well with you, your wife and three daughters. :heart:

Congratulations on the new job. :):cool:

Have you seen the Burger's new daughter yet?

I assume that CJ is married by now and that his child has been born.

:lol::heart:

You're welcome! Things are great with the family, a little tough being the only male in the house sometimes, but it is what it is. What scares the crap out of me is the fact that my oldest is going to be a teenager in May....doesn't make me feel old, it just makes me feel weird. I'm sure it's just a phase I'm going through though LOL

Haven't seen baby burger either, which I have no excuse for- I'll have to see if I can dig up Fat's number and entice him with a pizza or something.

Cletus is actually preparing for child number 2!!!!