Food

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I tried out a really simple recipe for vichyssoise yesterday and it rules.

This is a great soup if you're doing multiple courses because you put it together the night before and serve it chilled with some white wine. It's easy and only takes a few minutes. Warning: you will cry a little and your house will smell of leeks and onions for a fortnight.

2/3 cup leeks, thinly sliced, white portion only
1 small onion, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2-1/2 cups potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
2 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
Salt, to taste
Snipped fresh chives or parsley for garnish

In a saucepan over medium high heat sauté leeks and onion in butter until tender but not brown. Add potatoes and chicken broth; bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 35 minutes.

Puree the mixture in a food processor; return to the saucepan. Add milk and cream mixing well, add salt if needed. Cover and refrigerate.

Serve vichyssoise hot or cold. Garnish with chives or parsley.

Here's the recipe I use, the cooling process results in a better texture, and sweating the leeks over low heat produces a milder, sweeter result - and less smell in the kitchen. It's from Anthony Bourdain.

* 4 tablespoons butter
* 8 leeks, white part only, cleaned and thinly sliced
* 2 medium potatoes, cut into small cubes
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 2 cups heavy cream
* 4 fresh chives, finely chopped
* 1 pinch nutmeg
* salt and fresh pepper

Directions

1. I a large, heavy bottom pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add the leeks and sweat for 5 minutes, making sure they do not take on any color.

2. Add potatoes and cook for a minute or two, stirring a few times.

3. Stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.

4. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook on low heat, gently simmering for 35 minutes, or until the leeks and potatoes are very soft. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
5. Slowly, and in SMALL batches, puree the soup at a high speed in the blender. Do this bit by bit, never filling the blender too high. Make sure the benders lid is on, and lean on the top when you turn on. If not the burn you will get is awful, and a most frequent accident in even professional kitchens.
6. Return soup to the cooking pot and whisk in cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce to dimmer and cook 5 minutes. If you want to thin soup out, add more broth, if needed.
7. Transfer soup to the mixing bowl an chill over the ice bath, stirring occasionally. When soup is at Room temperature, and only at room temperature, cover in plastic wrap and put int the refrigerator to cool.
8. Check seasoning, sprinkle with chives and serve in chilled bowls.

What? I'm either hungry or thirsty. I'm hardly ever both, at least not to the extent that I need to combine both substances into one.

I can count on my belly button how many times I've had cold soup.

I'm making a nice soup tomorrow followed by a lentil lasagne followed by an apple and blackcurrant crumble with custard.

but nobody wants my recipes, they're all vegano.

I could never cut up an onion. Fuck that toxic vegetable. You people are disgusting.

if it makes you cry you are either using a dull knife or not cutting it properly.

This is how you should chop an onion.

Last edited by a moderator: