Halp FOOD STAMPS ... I have many many many questions.

Kill Me Plz

Half-staff Member
Aug 4, 2010
Marklar
₥3
I don't understand about food stamps. From what I understand people on assistance get food stamps each month for grocery's according to the size of their family ?

Where & how do they get these stamps ? Can you shop in ANY food store using these stamps ?

WIC is for pregnant mothers or new borns/very young kids. it's to ensure they eat a few healthy things. typically they are only good for very specific things. formula, cheese, etc.

So where does a person on assistance get these stamps from ? Are they sent to the person in the mail ? Is it a voucher ?

NOT THAT I WANT OR NEED THEM ... I'm in Canada. I'm just curious about the things cause I read about them all the time.

in a lot of the US they now use a debit card (EBT card) instead of actual food stamps. They use to come in a book of tickets worth different amounts. (I use to work in a grocery store) 1, 5, 10 etc. and they used the stamps like money for food items only.

So with WICs you can get a pregnant mother?

They act like it. In some ghettos the mothers use to sell/trade the wic certificates and food stamps for drugs/other services so they started putting their names on most of it and requiring an id. A lot of people bitched about food stamps making them look poor so they started going to more like a debit card system.

although a ebt card black isn't as accepted as a american express black.

Last edited:

t196005_OhSnap559.gif

i use to see people using food stamps to buy buggy loads of food then whipping out rolls of hundreds to pay for cartons of cigs and buggy loads of alcohol. It use to make me sick to watch them do that shit.

Debit/Stamp type card ... okay this makes sense.

So ... could a person go into a store that accepts the card & says to the cashier ... just ring up 3 loaves of bread & some hamburger & cheese & some other crap & say to the cashier '' Just give me a 6 pack of beer in exchange for the value of the food that's rung up & keep the difference ? ''

Or no ...

So ... could a person go into a store that accepts the card & says to the cashier ... just ring up 3 loaves of bread & some hamburger & cheese & some other crap & say to the cashier '' Just give me a 6 pack of beer in exchange for the value of the food that's rung up & keep the difference ? ''

Or no ...

Go observe some poor people.

You go in and buy all your groceries with food stamps. Then your wife pays cash for the beer after you.

Or no ...

They try that all the time but since most of the cash register systems are automated now they prevent that from happening. it still happens but it costs the cashier their job and they could go to jail for theft.

How does someone on Welfare pay their rent ? Do they get a check monthly ? Or does the welfare dept mail out the payment directly to the landlord ?

This system sounds very complicated & odd.