Halp FOOD STAMPS ... I have many many many questions.

Debit/Stamp type card ... okay this makes sense.

So ... could a person go into a store that accepts the card & says to the cashier ... just ring up 3 loaves of bread & some hamburger & cheese & some other crap & say to the cashier '' Just give me a 6 pack of beer in exchange for the value of the food that's rung up & keep the difference ? ''

Or no ...

not if it's a big chain but if it's some local ghetto store that doesn't give a shit, maybe

They try that all the time but since most of the cash register systems are automated now they prevent that from happening. it still happens but it costs the cashier their job and they could go to jail for theft.

Interesting ... so the cashier can lose their job or go to jail. What about the person using the stamps/card incorrectly. Do they get charged by the Welfare Program ? They are misusing the card too.

How does someone on Welfare pay their rent ? Do they get a check monthly ? Or does the welfare dept mail out the payment directly to the landlord ?

This system sounds very complicated & odd.

We deal with a lot of Section 8 housing here on the management side of our business. The tenants pay their share of the rent (based on the agreement with the state) and the rest of the money is paid directly from the State. Some of these tenants are paying as little as 20% of the total rent.

How does someone on Welfare pay their rent ? Do they get a check monthly ? Or does the welfare dept mail out the payment directly to the landlord ?

This system sounds very complicated & odd.

usually they have government assistance with that as well, often through section 8 housing. the troubling part is that section 8 is really only supposed to be for people with disabilities but it got expanded to pretty much everyone

They try that all the time but since most of the cash register systems are automated now they prevent that from happening. it still happens but it costs the cashier their job and they could go to jail for theft.
It's not a cash/money purchase. It's marked as a discount at most stores.

not if it's a big chain but if it's some local ghetto store that doesn't give a sh*t, maybe

This is what I was thinking ... obviously there are little mom & pop places in the boonies that would take this debit/card for smokes or booze & have done so for many years.

This is what I was thinking ... obviously there are little mom & pop places in the boonies that would take this debit/card for smokes or booze & have done so for many years.

well one good thing about the ebt cards is that it makes it easier to track those transactions

We deal with a lot of Section 8 housing here on the management side of our business. The tenants pay their share of the rent (based on the agreement with the state) and the rest of the money is paid directly from the State. Some of these tenants are paying as little as 20% of the total rent.

So if the tenant is disabled & on assistance they pay nothing to the Sec 8 - housing ? Or do they receive a check to pay the 20 % as you have mentioned ?

You have to be licensed to accept SNAP benefits. That's why it's mostly only big grocery chains that participate.

So if the tenant is disabled & on assistance they pay nothing to the Sec 8 - housing ? Or do they receive a check to pay the 20 % as you have mentioned ?

They pay the 20% themselves. I have no idea if they are on assistance to get that money. The rest comes in directly from the State of Hawaii Housing Authority. Also, 20% is the low side. Most are paying half or more. Section 8 is weighted based on family need.

Interestingly, most of the Section 8 tenants do not have bank accounts. They generally pay us in money orders and we no longer accept cash.

They pay the 20% themselves. I have no idea if they are on assistance to get that money. The rest comes in directly from the State of Hawaii Housing Authority. Also, 20% is the low side. Most are paying half or more. Section 8 is weighted based on family need.

Interestingly, most of the Section 8 tenants do not have bank accounts. They generally pay us in money orders and we no longer accept cash.
If you are for real disabled you probably get some social security.

You can use SNAP to buy food but not vitamins ... soap or toilet paper LIVE PETS .... or Holiday items like Gift baskets & special occasion cakes.

OH MAN ... this is wild.

Eat up your breads & dairy fruits & veggies fish & meat people wipe your ass on your drapes.

Do they get the money orders at a bank ? Or one of these chain check cashing dealers ? How do they get their cash ?

Do they get the money orders at a bank ? Or one of these chain check cashing dealers ? How do they get their cash ?

Usually the post office. Sometimes we see Western Union-esque (we don't have Western Union in Hawaii) types.