Ontopic FOOD AND RECIPIES

I bought my carbon steel wok at an asian market / restaurant supply store.

Simple, wooden handle, and spent like 10-15 bucks on it.

I made some food for Canada Day - smoked bacon-wrapped jalapeños stuffed with pulled pork and cream cheese, and milk chocolate dipped peanut butter ice cream bars. Also a whole bunch of jerk chicken, but I didn’t get a pic of that.IMG_1535.jpegIMG_1534.jpeg

Im glad my coriander topic has survived many months. Lets make it even more interesting and talk about Mexican Coriander, or culantro, which is pretty much what you always get with central American food. It tastes like cilantro but is way stronger.

Anyway trying to figure out what to make tonight, I've got a boatload of shrimp, basic veg, and rice. Thinking maybe like a stew.

• Love
Reactions: CletusJones
With garden tomato season upon us, we are faced with a serious question. What to put on your ‘mater sammich.

Traditionally it’s just salt, pepper, and mayo, on your bread of choice.

Which leads to the most important part. What kind of mayo?

First of all, fuck off with the miracle whip, it’s not mayo. It’s what poor people put on dollar store bologna.

Dukes all the way.

I wouldn’t give Hellmans to a dog.

Lets make it even more interesting and talk about Mexican Coriander, or culantro, which is pretty much what you always get with central American food. It tastes like cilantro but is way stronger.
A friend in Trinidad sent me a bunch of seeds for it last year. It's fucking delicious in a bunch of stuff. will grow again for sure.

If it grows in Trinidad, it probably doesn't bolt at the slightest hint of heat like cilantro does. I've got to try it too. I can never grow cilantro because it gets too hot too quick

If it grows in Trinidad, it probably doesn't bolt at the slightest hint of heat like cilantro does. I've got to try it too. I can never grow cilantro because it gets too hot too quick
I don't have much cover on my yard where the garden is so we hang shade cloth over it. Seems like the vast majority of plants like it, even stuff that's supposed to be in full sun.

Fuck round pizza #detroit

QjRKPqx.jpg

eI3p2TS.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138