Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not exactly a decision situation like you mentioned (about not letting someone who has HIV touch you) You kind of couldn't avoid that. And since you switched to it being the officer with HIV, well, then I guess that's more motivation to not struggle against a police officer to the point that you're fighting with them isn't it?

There was no switch. I was always talking about the office being HIV positive, hence dave's post which kick this all off:

39-year-old Georgia resident “Richard Roe” applied to become an officer with the Atlanta Police Department. During his pre-employment physical, the police physician informed Roe that his HIV-positive status disqualified him from police employment—a position in direct violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the federal Rehabilitation Act.

But when Roe sued the city, the police department said two contradictory things: that HIV doesn’t disqualify police candidates and that HIV-positive cops are a “direct threat” to the health and safety of others and thus not worth employing.

And I can avoid that situation by my government passing law banning HIV positive people from being employed in roles where physical contact may be required.

Let me ask this.

I hear more from the GLBT about badging for HIV than I do from anyone else. Wait, check that, I ONLY hear about putting badges on HIV positive people from GLBTs.

It's like you all want to be persecuted.

Let me ask this.

I hear more from the GLBT about badging for HIV than I do from anyone else. Wait, check that, I ONLY hear about putting badges on HIV positive people from GLBTs.

It's like you all want to be persecuted.

well porksoda sounds like his life would be easier if that were the case. I was merely offering it as an ridiculous suggestion, inline with his thinking about the issue. What other LGBT do you know or have you heard that wants to promote a badge of shame like that?

Just look at the Tommy Morrison situation. He came out as positive and wasn't allowed to box anymore. Because his job had a risk of spreading the infection he had no ground against the state medical boards or athletic commissions.

well according to the ACLUs site if you read it like that then yes

Hmm, very interesting. And I like that it could be knowingly or unknowingly. You could have a cold virus and not have symptoms and still be committing a misdemeanor. Very interesting.

well porksoda sounds like his life would be easier if that were the case. I was merely offering it as an ridiculous suggestion, inline with his thinking about the issue. What other LGBT do you know or have you heard that wants to promote a badge of shame like that?

Just you alone, this is at least the second time in as many weeks that you have brought it up.

Amongst my circle, maybe 4-5 times in the past 6 months. I haven't heard word one about it in the news. Not even a mention of Michelle Bachmann saying 'Oh, that's a great idea'.

might not = can. And that's all that matters.

My flu MIGHT also kill you if you dont' have as strong an immune system as I do, but that isn't outlawed or I am not legally required to tell you I have the flu, am I? (well except in CA apparently)

I know someone with HIV, hugged him and everything. I'm not infected.

actually I think he's full blown AIDS too... that's quite a bit more serious than HIV

Status
Not open for further replies.