Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say it applies to HIV positive people? And what about hiring someone with disabilities that would put other people in danger?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADA_Amendments_Act_of_2008 - the amendment to the original ADA

The ADA Amendments Act of 2008 was intended to overturn two decisions which interpreted the ADA and sparked controversy.[3] The first decision made by the Supreme Court in Sutton v. United Airlines stated that impairments must be considered in their mitigated state.[4] The second decision in Toyota v. Williams stated that the standard for determining whether an individual was eligible for protection under the law must be demanding.[5] The follow on effect of this in some lower court findings was that an individual’s impairment did not constitute a disability and in many cases courts never reached the question whether discrimination had occurred.

Through these rulings, the Supreme Court and lower courts created a situation in which individuals with physical or mental impairments that affected them significantly enough to have been considered "substantially limiting a major life activity" under the case law interpreting the Rehabilitation Act were not considered as qualifying for protection under the ADA. These included individuals with impairments such as amputation, intellectual disabilities, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, diabetes, muscular dystrophy, and cancer.

Basically it stated a treated disability cannot be discriminated against and that HIV in itself isn't a disability so there is no grounds to discriminate against it at all in the first place.

I don't think mouth-to-mouth is a part of CPR anymore, just the chest pumps.

My dad went into cardiac arrest a few weeks ago and CPR saved his life, but there was no mouth-to-mouth involvement at all. The paramedics said it's not really done anymore, just chest compressions.
Oh yes it is, but "chest-only" CPR will still save plenty of lives and is being touted by many organizations as an easier (non-icky) method for the non-certified to employ.

Medics make up their own rules though, plus they have those nifty squeeze bulb breathers in their first in bags.

So your saying that HIV can go through skin?

Do you speak English motherfucker?

wound[SUP] 1[/SUP] (w
oomacr.gif
nd)n.1. An injury, especially one in which the skin or another external surface is torn, pierced, cut, or otherwise broken.

Friend of mine posted this status update

I am officially devastated. Heard today that the bank wants the sellers to pay $5600 on "principle" and won't allow us to pay it to get the deal done and the sellers are refusing to pay it. What bank has principles?!?! Boo to Regions! Officially my least favorite bank. Now we're back to square 1 & house hunting again.

I didn't have the heart to tell her why she's retarded.

I'm sorry but your views on what the ADA covers is very skewed. While it does protect under normal circumstances for normal jobs it does not provide carte blanche saying you can have any job you want regardless of your physical state.

That's why I said it was a case by case basis, according to the ADA. But for PorkSoda's safety and comfort, I think we should turn to the badging approach. I know the latest craze is for poz people to get a biohazard tattoo on their person. Maybe we can hvae a branding of sorts as well.

What about wounds opening during a struggle? Doesn't take much to make blood come pouring out of someone.

That's not exactly a decision situation like you mentioned (about not letting someone who has HIV touch you) You kind of couldn't avoid that. And since you switched to it being the officer with HIV, well, then I guess that's more motivation to not struggle against a police officer to the point that you're fighting with them isn't it?

Basically it stated a treated disability cannot be discriminated against and that HIV in itself isn't a disability so there is no grounds to discriminate against it at all in the first place.

So you can't discriminate against disabilities, and HIV is not a disability, so you can discriminate against HIV?

image-B0FA_4BD12219.jpg

Oh yes it is, but "chest-only" CPR will still save plenty of lives and is being touted by many organizations as an easier (non-icky) method for the non-certified to employ.

Medics make up their own rules though, plus they have those nifty squeeze bulb breathers in their first in bags.
oic

I think more people should be certified in CPR

Also the ADA does not cover Civil litigation. If you are in a role that might infect others while HIV positive and you do not disclose it they can still sue for damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.