Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this one client I have, I want to strangle. I was onsite Friday and yesterday to perform a server migration from an old server to a new Dell server. And the client, whose office is basically closed on Friday and yesterday, kept coming over a bugging me. "How's it going?" "How far along are you?" I explicitly told him that the migration would take a solid two days, to not open Outlook or send/receive e-mail, to not open any files on the server... basically shut down his office for two days. Instead he kept doing the complete opposite. Sending me e-mails half way through the migration: "Hey this mailing list I'm subscribed to, isn't working, blah blah blah" "I'm not getting my e-mails on my or my wife's iPhones" etc.

The client is a psychologist. I pity his patients if he can't listen to my simple instructions.

Man this one client I have, I want to strangle. I was onsite Friday and yesterday to perform a server migration from an old server to a new Dell server. And the client, whose office is basically closed on Friday and yesterday, kept coming over a bugging me. "How's it going?" "How far along are you?" I explicitly told him that the migration would take a solid two days, to not open Outlook or send/receive e-mail, to not open any files on the server... basically shut down his office for two days. Instead he kept doing the complete opposite. Sending me e-mails half way through the migration: "Hey this mailing list I'm subscribed to, isn't working, blah blah blah" "I'm not getting my e-mails on my or my wife's iPhones" etc.

The client is a psychologist. I pity his patients if he can't listen to my simple instructions.

Shoulda installed the server, then done the rest remotely.

Shoulda installed the server, then done the rest remotely.
I had to be onsite both days, because on the 2nd day I removed the old server from the domain, unplugged it, and put it into storage. But yes, I generally prefer to do everything remotely, such as today installing a trusted cert on the server, so RWW works without people having to do 16 steps to install the self-signed cert.

I chopped down a couple of fallen trees on my mom's property, fallen trees courtesy of Tropical Storm Irene. One somewhat decent size Yellow Birch, a couple small Yellow Birch, and some junk Cherry. People knock electric chainsaws, but damn so much easier than dealing with gas chainsaws, having to mix oil & fuel, fucking with it to start, etc. Two 100ft and one 25ft electrical cords got me to the job area. 14" chainsaw did the rest. Wood on the streetside to let someone take it away since my mom doesn't have a wood stove or fireplace to burn the wood in.

el9bx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.