Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you've lived in MN or upstate NY-VT you really don't have any idea what the cold is like in Canada. MD, even as far north as PA, is super mild by comparison. You might get a few sub 20 weeks, but it's not bone chilling snot freezes in your nose, cold for months on end.

Aside from that, your entire post reeks of grass is greener syndrome. It's just like anyplace else, if there wasn't a border it'd be hard to tell where NY ended and Ontario started.

Exactly. Only those limited few know cold. Everyone else is an asshole.

le-a.jpg

/mingle

this pizza was amazing. I got the above pizza margerita with pep. line was out the door into the parking lot. chris rock was there 2 days ago and signed a pizza paddle. he wrote,"the best. magnificent. better than crack!" alton brown signed one also and said,"just like naples but closer". pretty cool.

Sounds like a great place & good you enjoyed it, I am drooling with envy at not having this pizza. :(

We are in Maryland, US. Sounds like the weather is about the same here except more snow there. We don't get a lot of snow here usually, although 2 years ago we got like 5 feet in a week. That was miserable. The biggest problem with Toronto is the lack of close oceans and beaches and the high cost of living. I do love Canadians though, so it's almost worth it. The company my husband works for is just awesome and I can't say enough good things about how they treat him and all the people I've met through his work. Canadians rock.

I guess snowfall depends on where you live in Canada, in Toronto allot of parts of southern Ontario ... we've had minimal snow the last 4 - 5 years. It seems to get less & less each year, we get the odd big dump of snow which could be a couple of feet or so a few times each winter. But the snow melts away pretty fast & we move on to more light snow that falls & doesn't stay on the ground.

The more north you go, you get SNOW !

Vancouver hardly gets snow at all & they have milder temps all winter.

On the east coast of Canada in Nova Scotia & Newfoundland they often gets a serious hit of snow each season. I've seen snow banks as high as 20 feet in Nova Scotia. The snow storms are brutal & can last a couple of days with bone chilling temps & winds that knock down power towers & snap phone & power lines like string.

Exactly. Only those limited few know cold. Everyone else is an asshole.
When I lived in Duluth MN we couldn't use the grill July 4th because it was snowing (Duluth is way colder than southern Ontario but w/e).

Unless you've lived in MN or upstate NY-VT you really don't have any idea what the cold is like in Canada. MD, even as far north as PA, is super mild by comparison. You might get a few sub 20 weeks, but it's not bone chilling snot freezes in your nose, cold for months on end.

Aside from that, your entire post reeks of grass is greener syndrome. It's just like anyplace else, if there wasn't a border it'd be hard to tell where NY ended and Ontario started.

Doesn't sound like it is that cold in many places in Canada too though. I get what cold feels like which is, as I already stated, why I wouldn't be willing to move to Canada. The reasons I would want to live in Canada is because of how nice the people are and how awesome working for them is. IBWIP works for a Canadian firm right now and his quality of life is way better because of it. It's not like he and I have never worked for American companies before to have some way of comparing. Just the whole philosophy seems to be different. Here's some examples. He wears jeans and t-shirts to work every day. If he has something else going on that needs attending to, he can work from home as long as he gets his job done. He has never had to keep track of time taken off for illness, or because he had to take care of his grandfather, or go to the doctors with me. Nobody has even questioned it and they didn't hit up his paid leave over it. Vacation time is for holidays in the eyes of this company, not doctors appointments, and he gets 3 weeks (an ever increasing number) of paid leave for vacation. When my mother and his mother died, nobody questioned how much time he took off work. His boss shows genuine concern and interest in his life when appropriate. He doesn't get yelled at for being 10 minutes late for work or leaving 10 minutes early ever. As long as his work gets done nobody cares. He gets 3 weeks paid paternity leave! If I worked for them, I'd get more than that for maternity leave. Here in the states you are hard pressed to get 2 weeks. The people he works for are extremely laid back and recognize that you work to live, not the other way around. Sure they want to make money and thrive as a company, and they are, hand over fist, but they don't seem to want to screw their employees in the process. They manage to do all of this without making anyone be a corporate schmuck and say things like "challenge" instead of "problem". In my experience, very many companies in the US are not this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.