Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing through being an experience and living in and experiencing are two completely different things.

I've passed through LA and wasn't impressed. Does that mean LA is completely shit? Can't really say until I've spent extensive time there.

We are not judging living experiences. We are judging the look of it during a certain time of season.

We are not judging living experiences. We are judging the look of it during a certain time of season.

Yes and I'm talking about things to see and events specifically related to fall (Which is what the article was about). Passing through you maybe get to see one or two things that occur during that time. Living here, I have had 16 years to experience what they offer here in the fall and have had 6 years in Virginia.

Yes and I'm talking about things to see and events specifically related to fall (Which is what the article was about). Passing through you maybe get to see one or two things that occur during that time. Living here, I have had 16 years to experience what they offer here in the fall and have had 6 years in Virginia.

Events? fuck no! That means I would have to mingle with Ohians. No sir!

I really agree with Liam. Columbus Ohio has nothing to offer you can't find here, and reading that little blurb confirms it for me. For example, I noticed while living in Ohio that the farmers markets sucked compared to the ones in Maryland and that was one of the things I was looking forward to about Ohio when we moved there. I would have thought farm country would have better veg, but after a year of eating tasteless tomatoes I started picking them up in Maryland again and bringing them back with me. We have plenty of hiking, biking, camping and walking including the Appalachian trail (one of the most famous hiking trails in the world). There's plenty of festivals, plenty of orchards where you can pick your own apples, plenty of farms where you can go to get pumpkins, hayrides, cornfield mazes, whatever, plenty of festivals, plenty of vineyards, not to mention the fact that there are several major cities, the friggin Atlantic Ocean, all of the free museums of DC and beautiful beaches and mountains all within a 3 hour drive of central Maryland. Ohio really has not a lot to offer you can't get elsewhere imo, and that's after spending time there and really trying to find something different to do. I guess we are all proud of where we live, but after having tried both places, I cannot see how you could consider central Ohio to be superior to the DC area unless you didn't have the freedom and mobility to explore there like you do in Ohio, something I suspect is true since you lived in No. VA before you went to college, right?

I really agree with Liam. Columbus Ohio has nothing to offer you can't find here, and reading that little blurb confirms it for me. For example, I noticed while living in Ohio that the farmers markets sucked compared to the ones in Maryland and that was one of the things I was looking forward to about Ohio when we moved there. I would have thought farm country would have better veg, but after a year of eating tasteless tomatoes I started picking them up in Maryland again and bringing them back with me. We have plenty of hiking, biking, camping and walking including the Appalachian trail (one of the most famous hiking trails in the world). There's plenty of festivals, plenty of orchards where you can pick your own apples, plenty of farms where you can go to get pumpkins, hayrides, cornfield mazes, whatever, plenty of festivals, plenty of vineyards, not to mention the fact that there are several major cities, the friggin Atlantic Ocean, all of the free museums of DC and beautiful beaches and mountains all within a 3 hour drive of central Maryland. Ohio really has not a lot to offer you can't get elsewhere imo, and that's after spending time there and really trying to find something different to do. I guess we are all proud of where we live, but after having tried both places, I cannot see how you could consider central Ohio to be superior to the DC area unless you didn't have the freedom and mobility to explore there like you do in Ohio, something I suspect is true since you lived in No. VA before you went to college, right?

before, during, and after

Heh. I know they all think Ohio sucks and I will never convince them otherwise. I was only stating there was a difference between passing through and living there. Beyond that, their own opinions won't ever change.

To be fair, the topic of your post was about visiting Ohio, like on vacation, so just passing through, not living there. Lebanon, Ohio was one of the cutest places we ever visited.

coqui you need a job with the ohio tourism board :p
as far as fall foliage goes, I've never seen prettier than the berkshires in western mass and the adirondacks in northern ny

Status
Not open for further replies.