Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if it does, can we charge the dad with manslaughter?

I know, I'm way behind on this discussion.
If you get raped and die from the pregnancy or during childbirth it would be felony murder in NY. Anyone who dies as a result of a felony crime is automatically upgraded to murder. Arson would be a good example, if you intentionally light a building on fire and don't intend to kill anyone it's not manslaughter because they died as a result of a felony crime. I'm not sure if we still have the year and day rule though, historically the death had to happen within a year and a day of the commission of the original crime.

Voluntary manslaughter is a relatively obscure charge, so the next one would be involuntary manslaughter. If someone became pregnant as the result of a misdemeanor crime (not really sure how that would work) and died from it the person who committed the crime would be guilty of involuntary manslaughter. That charge also includes gross negligence or depraved indifference, so I guess if a reasonable person would be cognizant of the fact that pregnancy could kill the victim and they impregnated them regardless of that knowledge they would be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

I'm guessing that there aren't many examples because it would be a risky prosecution. Short of someone confessing and pleading guilty it would be rather hard to prove. Most prosecutors would probably offer a plea bargain rather than risk a trial that could go either way.

Last edited:
yep. applying updates to a client's windows server. and fighting with the built-in backup that keeps failing.

still have two large updates to apply, but I don't want to install them until I get this damn backup working. it wasn't working, then I thought I fixed it last week. Had a day or so of good backups. Then it started failing again. grrr

Last edited:
Philosophy about computars:

Problems always seem to be clear in hindsight, diagnosis is logical, you can always go from step a to b to c etc. Nothing about them is mysterious, except quantum computers, which is why how some people react emotionally to machine failure always makes me confused. The simple clarity that should exist though is always complicated by the fact they are designed and documented by people. For example, giving everything a cryptic abbreviation, or hiding features that DEPEND on each other in illogical places. Then not writing anything down about what you did because "it is so obvious."

Then when that machine fails it does feel like the end of the world. You never seem to remember uninstalling and reinstalling windows multiple times because the registry got corrupted, except when you are doing it. Then time slows down. 10 hours later when you finally find some obscure setting which links the entire chain of events together it SEEMS easy, because that is what you remember. Not turning off every service 1 by 1 and rebooting 60 times in one hour.

-.- and that is why linux will never be adopted by mainstream consumers.

I'm writing emails. I never thought I'd have to do that, email used to be SO LAME. Now I answer 30-40 of them a day.

If they are good programmers it should be easy to write eh?

I'm looking for a command line spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.