Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone saw the Shitastic Escape from LA, with Cliff Robertson as an Evangelical President. The concept of Perry as Prez reminds me of that.

I think I just shit myself at the thought.

I wouldn't be surprised to see religion playing a larger part in the next election than it has in years. Not just in churches taking their members to vote but the religious background of the candidates being a large factor for a lot of voters. When people are unhappy and don't see any viable answers they often revert back to religion.

What will probably happen is too many wacky candidates will split the votes of any decent candidates and Obama will get another term.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised to see religion playing a larger part in the next election than it has in years. Not just in churches taking their members to vote but the religious background of the candidates being a large factor for a lot of voters. When people are unhappy and don't see any viable answers they often revert back to religion.

Hence the reason of the prayer event he hosted in the first place.

I got this from somebody who voted for Obama. :fly:

h9hpb.jpg

Just some interesting stats.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/09/apple-now-ranks-as-most-valuable-company-in-the-world/

Apple Is Now the Most Valuable Company in the World

Even with all the problems the US economy has been suffering the past three years, technology companies have somehow been able to keep themselves in the black. Well, tech companies, and big oil ones, too.

ExxonMobile, the former world's most valuable company, was passed today on the stock market not once, but twice, by Apple, Inc. They're still very close, with the gap between the two companies only being about $5 million.

I wanted to bring this story to your attention because this is a really big deal. A tech company such as Apple passing a big oil company on the stock market seems absolutely crazy. Not everybody uses Apple products, but every single person I know uses gas and oil. So that means that more and more people are getting into having technology all over their house.

Anyway, I thought this was really cool. At the time of this article's publication, Apple is still number one. That can change, but even just the thought of Apple being so close to a company like ExxonMobile is still amazing.

And this is the fucking lunacy that makes me not like this country. This guy is the worst possible candidate and the media and population is hardly giving a shit.

this has nothing to do with that but I wanted to mention that I met a group of asian looking australian chicks last night

such a hot combination of facial features and accent

That's a bit misleading. ExxonMobil has 4 times the total revenue from operations and 3 times the assets not to mention it's in a commodity market. Apple is discretionary goods, if they misread a trend or etc. it could go into a nosedive. Think if they had played the iPhone thing wrong, or a good competitor to itunes came a long -.- ExxonMobil doesn't have that sort of risk.

Last edited:
And since when did we stop capitalizing "president" when referencing the head of the country? I was watching some O'Reilly Factor (don't ask) yesterday and noticed on the screen "And the president said <fill in quote here>". I thought in that sentence you were to capitalize the P because it is in reference to a direct person in that office. I think the head of a nation deserves at least that much superiority, whether you like the guy or not.
Capitalization is only before a name: you say "President Obama" but "Obama, president of the United States." Essentially job titles get capitalized but job descriptions don't, BUT it works the opposite way in non-restrictive apposition though, two nouns that modify each other parenthetically only one can be capitalized "When Bush was president" but "Unlike his predecessors, then president Bush didn't appreciate blah blah".

ETA: Just thought of this: generally if you can substitute "he/she/it" for "the president" it still makes sense , it doesn't get capitalized. If you'd have to use the person's name for it to make sense it does. That is the difference between restrictive and non restrictive clauses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.