Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, typo. HTLV-I

Well, it's got a prevalence in the US of only about 100k people, according to the CDC, as of 2006. It's been known since 1977, roughly a little longer than AIDS/HIV was established as identified (yes, I know of earlier discoveries of the HIV virus itself, but it wasn't related to much until the 80's.) . 1 in 25 get cancer from infection. So, around 4%.

So, you are comparing a disease that will be fatal for 4000 people, to one that will be fatal for 1.4 million, minus the occasional Magic Johnson among them. US numbers only.

Go racism, GO!

The statement itself is racist, so calling out the response is one sided.

And, to be honest, that exact mentality is NOT doing this country any good, at all.

Letting black men slide on their fatherly duties because a 'strong black woman don't need no man' is retarded, and the results are evident every day in the news.

Last edited:
The statement itself is racist, so calling out the response is one sided.

And, to be honest, that exact mentality is NOT doing this country any good, at all.

Letting black men slide on their fatherly duties because a 'strong black woman don't need no man' is retarded, and the results are evident every day in the news.

2 points for you.

1) There is absolutely no racism whatsoever in the statement, no matter how you look at it.

2) Another way to look at it is that maybe she is just trying to be strong given the circumstances she has been dealt in life. Nothing wrong with that.

2 points for you.

1) There is absolutely no racism whatsoever in the statement, no matter how you look at it.

2) Another way to look at it is that maybe she is just trying to be strong given the circumstances she has been dealt in life. Nothing wrong with that.

two responses -

1) Why does color matter? Why it could not be 'A strong woman'? Bring race into it as a limiter, it's a racist statement.

2) That phrase 'strong black woman who doesn't need a man'... Used to much, to often. Sure, it may seem 'awesome' that they can make their way, but it's the wrong attitude. No woman, of no race, should just allow the father of their children, even if it was an accident, to skate by on his responsibilities just because 'I don't need no man and I can do it on my own'. I've got friends who are white single moms. I'm totally sympathetic to them. But when they let the fathers skate on shit, I let them know that they are not doing themselves, or their child, any favors in doing so, while trying (not always well) not to be an asshole in how I say it.

two responses -
1) Why does color matter? Why it could not be 'A strong woman'? Bring race into it as a limiter, it's a racist statement.

There is nothing wrong with bringing up race. There is nothing being limited. There is nothing being oppressed here. Thus, there is no racism.

2) That phrase 'strong black woman who doesn't need a man'... Used to much, to often. Sure, it may seem 'awesome' that they can make their way, but it's the wrong attitude. No woman, of no race, should just allow the father of their children, even if it was an accident, to skate by on his responsibilities just because 'I don't need no man and I can do it on my own'. I've got friends who are white single moms. I'm totally sympathetic to them. But when they let the fathers skate on shit, I let them know that they are not doing themselves, or their child, any favors in doing so, while trying (not always well) not to be an asshole in how I say it.

That is your opinion, not fact. Some single parents work out just fine, others don't. Single parents are free to decide their own course of action when the other parent leaves. Some choose to do nothing to the other parent because they would rather focus their energy on moving on and doing the best they can.

jDQfN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.