Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck that. It'll be a lot easier for them to fight an ideology than to fight a dictatorship. Mind you, I don't believe countries should be installing their governing beliefs in other countries. They should just be ready to wipe out anyone who decides to go against human rights.

What about Darwinism?

I don't give a fuck what they think is inhumane or not. We have an established charter for what is and is not. That is what should be followed, and anyone who goes against it should be fought and defeated by all who are able.

What do you suggest then? Cutting trade agreements and treaties with those countries with incompatible human rights laws or full on invasion or just ignoring how they rule their own people and carry on with business? I would do option 1 myself. wall street would do option 3.

What do you suggest then? Cutting trade agreements and treaties with those countries with incompatible human rights laws or full on invasion or just ignoring how they rule their own people and carry on with business? I would do option 1 myself. wall street would do option 3.

I would do whatever was necessary to have the leader responsible brought to justice.

What the fuck are you talking about?

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

That's the UN definition of human rights. Ghana does not have to be a member of the UN. I guess if they signed on to be a member, they should adhere to that group's rules.

But if they weren't a member of the UN, what would be your basis then? I guess in Ghana's case, since they are a member of the UN, they should be held responsible for their human rights rulings as per the UN charter or face UN sanctions.

That's the UN definition of human rights. Ghana does not have to be a member of the UN. I guess if they signed on to be a member, they should adhere to that group's rules.

But if they weren't a member of the UN, what would be your basis then? I guess in Ghana's case, since they are a member of the UN, they should be held responsible for their human rights rulings as per the UN charter or face UN sanctions.

I don't care if they are or not a member nor whether they have signed up.

Who was elected in by the population that approves and supports these laws that are in place. You want ALL of those people removed, too?

If they believe killing people because of their sexual orientation, then yes, they should be dealt with also.

I would cut them off. If they want to keep killing their own people, by all means, feel free it's not up to me to tell you how to run your country, but I'm not going to be any part of it, so if you want to play MY game, then you have to abide by MY rules.

I don't care if they are or not a member nor whether they have signed up.

So you would want to beat members and even non-members over human rights that one organization has defined? What gives the UN the superiority of a non-member country's own laws? The UN has no jurisdiction there.

In Ghana's case, however, they do. To be a member of the UN, you should follow the charter. If you do not, you should be punished or expelled from the organization. If you want to compare what Ghana is doing with UN definitions of human rights. UN human rights != universal human rights. Each country has the right and ability to define their own. Using the UN definitions would be a wise place to start, but apparently is not a requirement.

Probably half the members of the UN don't follow the human rights charter fully. I can't see the USA abiding by a code that they maybe never agreed fully with just because a majority of the world did. Guantanamo anyone?

So you would want to beat members and even non-members over human rights that one organization has defined? What gives the UN the superiority of a non-member country's own laws? The UN has no jurisdiction there.

In Ghana's case, however, they do. To be a member of the UN, you should follow the charter. If you do not, you should be punished or expelled from the organization. If you want to compare what Ghana is doing with UN definitions of human rights. UN human rights != universal human rights. Each country has the right and ability to define their own. Using the UN definitions would be a wise place to start, but apparently is not a requirement.

I don't care about jurisdiction. The Human Rights charter is logical and promotes that "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.". To hell with all that bureaucratic bullshit, that is what everyone on earth should follow, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.