Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant. Tell. If. Serious.

Humans are already bad at making big decisions, you can only make it worse by looking at 50 houses at a time.

I agree with 15-20 being too many. You have to constantly flip through your info to keep them straight. makes your head spin.

Cant. Tell. If. Serious.

Humans are already bad at making big decisions, you can only make it worse by looking at 50 houses at a time.
Spent months looking at (investment) property last time around. They never really blurred together (took pics and kept notes on all of them). Maybe you mean don't fall in love with anything? Like, never end up in a position where you can't walk away.

Cant. Tell. If. Serious.

super serious. thats what the pro's recommend so you get a complete understanding of everything out there and really hammer down what you want. chances are half will be shit, most will be nothing you really want, and you'll eventually find one you really like. shouldn't settle a project unless you want one, or something you'll be unhappy with considering it's one of the biggest investments most people ever make.

15 houses was pretty easy to keep straight since there were only 2 that were even remotely nice. The others were either in lousy shape or had lousy neighbors, setup weird, or major structural issues etc. Within 10 or 15 minutes I got a good idea if I liked the place or not. 5 one day 5 another and 4 the previous week.

Last edited:
well if you eliminated all but 2 then it's not quite a challenge. I was talking about having 15 contenders as I'm sure was fly

I should have clarified that part. Photos online lie so bad, you have to visit to get an idea of space and other stuff that most of the realtors don't photograph (like basements or crawlspaces).

super serious. thats what the pro's recommend so you get a complete understanding of everything out there and really hammer down what you want. chances are half will be shit, most will be nothing you really want, and you'll eventually find one you really like. shouldn't settle a project unless you want one, or something you'll be unhappy with considering it's one of the biggest investments most people ever make.

Nope, the "pros" recommend that you don't do that. Seriously.

Nope, the "pros" recommend that you don't do that. Seriously.
Not like the housing market is moving fast but limiting yourself to looking at 1%? of the houses available is kind of weird, unless you trust your real estate agent. People always cry about stupid shit though, like the oil, or the buyers want you to throw in the appliances/tv. I hate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.