Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
08qh0.jpg

that's $100 in parts and about 20 minutes of welding in a muffler shop. they should charge you $50 max and that's generous
Labor cost is fixed, almost all shops bill flat rate. Just like calling a plumber, parts/labor cost $10, owning the tools and knowing what to do costs $490 :cool:

$490, right
so they'd get her for 30 mins labor. that's probably $45, tops
What part of flat rate don't you understand? The billing system has all the services they provide in it, each service has X amount of time associated with it. Regardless of how long it takes "in reality" it spits out a bill for X hours @ whatever price. Most shops require techs to complete double book hours for each full shift (8 hour shift you are supposed to get 16 book hours done). Speed is rewarded because the more billable hours they can stuff into a real hour is how they turn a profit.

If it has to be welded in they are going to use at least $100 worth of consumables.

What part of flat rate don't you understand? The billing system has all the services they provide in it, each service has X amount of time associated with it. Regardless of how long it takes "in reality" it spits out a bill for X hours @ whatever price. Most shops require techs to complete double book hours for each full shift (8 hour shift you are supposed to get 16 book hours done). Speed is rewarded because the more billable hours they can stuff into a real hour is how they turn a profit.

If it has to be welded in they are going to use at least $100 worth of consumables.

for someone who claims to know so much you really don't know shit. when I drove old beaters I had my exhaust welded back up numerous times and they didn't charge me for a full hour and a bunch of supplies, dumbass
maybe that's how you get taken which would not surprise me in the least

for someone who claims to know so much you really don't know shit. when I drove old beaters I had my exhaust welded back up numerous times and they didn't charge me for a full hour and a bunch of supplies, dumbass
maybe that's how you get taken which would not surprise me in the least

And I'm abrasive? Fucking lol!

Last time I had my exhaust welded, a year back, cost me $75.00.

So, you would be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.