Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yea, no shit. foreign countries have a great idea with $1000+ fee to take a very difficult drivers license test.

we also need to test the elderly every so many years after they reach retirement age. this is another one of those issues though where our lack of public transportation in most areas is fucking us.

after? fuck some seniors are more dangerous on the road at 50 than they were at 16

I wouldn't be averse to having to take a lengthy, tough driving test every five years in order to renew it. The initial one should be far more difficult than it is today, of course. The problem is that so many people drive unlicensed anyways; I would suggest making that a felony offense worthy of at least a year behind bars the first time. This, however, would have to coincide with a much more efficient and effective public transportation system in many parts of the country and the truth is even in most suburbs not having a car is a severe limitation to employment, something that public transport simply isn't going to be able to deal with no matter how good it gets.

after? fuck some seniors are more dangerous on the road at 50 than they were at 16

I wouldn't be averse to having to take a lengthy, tough driving test every five years in order to renew it. The initial one should be far more difficult than it is today, of course. The problem is that so many people drive unlicensed anyways; I would suggest making that a felony offense worthy of at least a year behind bars the first time. This, however, would have to coincide with a much more efficient and effective public transportation system in many parts of the country and the truth is even in most suburbs not having a car is a severe limitation to employment, something that public transport simply isn't going to be able to deal with no matter how good it gets.

Old people vote.

I love you , internet

poopyshapes.jpg

well yea, no shit. foreign countries have a great idea with $1000+ fee to take a very difficult drivers license test.

we also need to test the elderly every so many years after they reach retirement age. this is another one of those issues though where our lack of public transportation in most areas is fucking us.
$1000 is a tax, not a fee. Especially since most employment (in NY anyway, regardless of what kind of job, it's an insurance thing) requires a valid drivers license. Each state has different standards too. People flunk the NY test 2-3 times, especially if they didn't have any kind of instruction (I passed it first time but already had a WI license since I was 14).

Actually insurance companies would be the best 'equipped' the compute the real costs of licensing. Actuary science and whatnot. Huge conflict of interest though.

Doesn't explain why Canadian drivers are WAY worse than American ones (licenses cost a lot there, so does insurance). Toronto is on par with Boston or DC when it comes to idiot drivers. If you see someone cruising in the passing lane, weaving through traffic, and never touching their signals in NY chances are they have Ontario or MA plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.