Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any IT guys here have any experience with Acronis Snap Deploy?

OhSnap.gif

You get rid of a lot lobbying by doing away with the current tax system and going to a flat national sales taxes. Make it so that a super majority is needed to change anything. This will also catch anyone living on the underground economy.
Yay flat national sales tax, on top of municipal sales tax (1%), county sales tax(3%), state sales(5%) and state income tax(45%)...

I still like the Fair tax idea but it will never happen. The cost of changing to a hugely different system of taxation and the lost taxes due to issues during the change over will prevent it from happening unless there is a some major catastrophe that forces a tax change.

Yay flat national sales tax, on top of municipal sales tax (1%), county sales tax(3%), state sales(5%) and state income tax(45%)...

You are forgetting the school tax as well as property tax and city income tax. Oh, and congestion charge tax/road tax.

I had to explain to my 9 year old son yesterday about the system of sales tax verses income tax. I didn't have the heart to go into property tax etc.

the best time to teach kids about taxes is halloween, by taking half their candy.

Eww candy is gross. My sister and I stopped going out for treats, not because we were getting too old, but because we never ate the candy and usually had candy from last year's halloween still in the buckets as we got costumes on.

You are forgetting the school tax as well as property tax and city income tax. Oh, and congestion charge tax/road tax.
I was just comparing sales taxes. I can see a federal sales tax being ADDED to all the other ones. I don't see income tax going away though. For one thing, the NYS Department of Finance, is the largest unionized employer in the state. Aside from Social Security and the DoD, the IRS must be one of the larger federal agencies >.> Not to mention tax preparation and law is a multibillion dollar industry. I think if Bail Bond Agents can lobby hard enough to keep 'bail' as part of criminal law, the finance industry can lobby hard enough to keep income taxes in place.

School Tax is rolled with Property Tax around here. It's crazy corrupt because it's based on visual assessments of the 3 town employees who run the local tax department. My house is assessed at $114k (is high for the area) with NO ROOF. The guy who runs the assessment office has depreciated his own house every year for the last three. Before my mom died I was going to get a lawyer and get it reassessed by a third party.

Also gas tax is the road tax (NY is highest in country, and we have toll roads >.O), car inspections/registrations are essentially a tax (you can pass even if the car is falling apart), we don't really have city income tax (all counties have different tax rates, when you do the state tax you have to find your code by township). FICA 'voluntary contribution' which I'm pretty sure I could invest in something better than SSA, workers comp is cut out of your payroll overhead but it can be as high as %50 depending on industry.

People wonder why I think about applying for food stamps >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.