Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
finnish_sauna.gif

Remind me of the date on this. I went to one in 00 and it was awesome. Saw the wallflowers, Dylan, Indigo girls, and tons of other good bads.

September 24, 2011. it used to be in the summer. this date is much more appealing because it will be considerably cooler

When the head of HR gets asked in a building-wide meeting by an employee "So am I going to get laid off or not?" or "Why am I getting laid off" or "Is our building closing down" and doesn't give an answer, you are a shitty person and not doing your job. You are a politician, a puppet.

And if the answer was yes, would you be productive until it happened? Would you cause damage to where you work? Do you think other people would or wouldn't do that?

:lol: Florida, you both shock and delight me on a daily basis.

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/07/lady-snaps-photos-in-male-restroom-claims-public-space/
Lady Snaps Photos in Male Restroom, Claims “Public Space”

Rhonda Hollander, 47, was busted after she followed a man into a restroom, hid in a stall while he was “getting ready to urinate” and busted out snapping photos with her cellphone. After he called the cops, she bit her arresting officer and wouldn’t give up the cellphone because “it was a public restroom and she wasn’t violating any laws.” The kicker? She’s a traffic court judge in Florida.

With the court system’s constant attacks on photographer’s rights, it’s fun to see one of their own flop so hilariously: While anyone can be legally photographed in public without consent, “expectation of privacy” is in force anywhere where you can legally take out your dick.

I'm not a fan of HR. At my work that is the hardest building to get into security wise and they treat you like you shouldn't be in there. All they seem to do is create of bureaucracy with paperwork that makes no sense and a stupid goals system (Fuck you Success Factors and your mom and the whole damn family) that gets in the way of you doing your job. Because they want paperwork out the ass on set goals my boss comes up with the most pain in the ass shit jobs that don't need to be done just to have something to put into that system rather just say do what we pay you to do. Last year he wanted me to retest all of the network jacks in a large portion of our campus. Like half of our downtown buildings. So I spent weeks moving furniture to locate jacks that haven't been used in years or will be used so I could fluke them. I even had to disconnect users that were using working jacks so I could fluke them to prove they worked. Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to explain to a hippy pottery professor that I needed him to move so I could fuck up his work space to test something that already worked.

Even the evaluation/pay raise system has gotten so convoluted that the mangers have no clue how it works even after multiple training class.
You essentially just said you have incompetent managers twice and blamed the HR department for it. I've always figured that was just the nature of middle management, they are always trying to desperately prove their value by making the people who get stuff done constantly do stupid/trivial tasks.

Also a lot of companies really foster an us vs. them attitude when it comes to HR and internal security. Every time there is an issue with something employment related the mid-level managers blame HR/Security, and then in HR/Security you are constantly exposed to the people with behaviour issues or outright theft.

Hr depts cost companies a shitload of productive time with thier goals and reviews, mid year reviews, etc... Using 2d metrics to measure an employees performance instead of simply asking thier manager if they are getting thier job done, and done well.

You essentially just said you have incompetent managers twice and blamed the HR department for it. I've always figured that was just the nature of middle management, they are always trying to desperately prove their value by making the people who get stuff done constantly do stupid/trivial tasks.

Also a lot of companies really foster an us vs. them attitude when it comes to HR and internal security. Every time there is an issue with something employment related the mid-level managers blame HR/Security, and then in HR/Security you are constantly exposed to the people with behaviour issues or outright theft.

My work spent half a million dollars on a new mission statement. A fucking run on sentence but gripe when we ask what happened to staff appreciate days or promotions or pay raises. They keep hiring more managers when we need grunts not more paper pushers. It seems like is happening at most jobs anymore. But I like my job, it pays decent, I have good job security, and the job market sucks so I'm not going anywhere. But the cunts in HR still suck. They take days to reply back on the simplest questions and always give the vaguest of responses.

HR has done similar damage here. It's like a pyramid scheme inside a company. They have to make all sorts of useless busy work to justify their existence and in the process make the people that actually work miserable.

HR has done similar damage here. It's like a pyramid scheme inside a company. They have to make all sorts of useless busy work to justify their existence and in the process make the people that actually work miserable.

Boy, it's a good thing for you that you aren't one of them!

har har. I actually did the most tickets in support across the whole company last year for people in similar positions. 2200+ tickets with an avg time of 30 mins per/t. one of my direct coworkers was the only person even remotely close with around 2000

My work spent half a million dollars on a new mission statement. A fucking run on sentence but gripe when we ask what happened to staff appreciate days or promotions or pay raises. They keep hiring more managers when we need grunts not more paper pushers. It seems like is happening at most jobs anymore. But I like my job, it pays decent, I have good job security, and the job market sucks so I'm not going anywhere. But the cunts in HR still suck. They take days to reply back on the simplest questions and always give the vaguest of responses.
This is always my complaint. Then you start to spend 50% of each day figuring out how to avoid them or look busy so you can actually get something done.

I've never seen anyone officially promoted (in private sector) without being a new hire. Most of the time people above you leave or get fired and you end up doing their job without changing titles or pay. Then you stick it on your resume and go somewhere else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.