Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You shouldn't have to ever hit a kid on the face. I am fine with spanking, but any contact to the face instantly gets me upset. Yes this counts if a girl slapped me in the face. Espescially since I don't do anything that would deserve that.

Everyone has their own personal take on parenting, to be sure.

Yeah, everyone gets to choose how they parent, and I'm totally okay with spanking, but hitting in the face hard enough to draw blood seems a little extreme. I don't think that teaches lessons, it's just cruel. It is totally possible to instill morals, values, and good behavior in your kids without resorting to that. Saying no three times and then hitting your kid in the face without so much as a warning or any other type of intervention seems extreme to me. It seemed extreme enough to the mom to call a therapist. The thing is, we don't know the whole story. Was this the first time something like this had happened? Was it a pattern of repeated behavior? Was the child learning to hit from her father? I have more questions than answers so I'm just making a snap decision to think this guy is portraying himself as a victim even though he may not be. I mean, after all, he committed suicide so obviously there's a screw loose. He committed suicide by setting himself on fire in fact. That's pretty extreme behavior imo. And yes, I am very well aware that the laws in this land are slanted toward the mother. I don't know why that is the case. Seems like leftovers from an era long gone by. Traditional values don't always do good things, huh?

There is hope.

"We've (Southern Baptists) lied about the nature of homosexuality and have practiced what can only be described as homophobia. We've used the choice language when it is clear that sexual orientation is a deep inner struggle and not merely a matter of choice." <----- Southern Baptists president Albert Mohler, speaking at this year's convention.

“You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn’t black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing. You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, fuck it, I don’t care what you think. I’m trying to do the right thing.

I’m tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I’m trying to do the right thing, and that’s where I’m going with this.” <------ republican new york state senator roy mcdonald, in a public statement to the conservative party, anti-gay groups and religious leaders who have put pressure on him because he said he will vote to legalize same-sex marriage in new york.

In eras long gone by, you would never see families and fathers demolished by a retarded legal system like we do today. Traditional values in some areas would not be a bad thing to return to. Instead, the PC and 'everyone is a special snowflake' culture have done as much damage to families and relationships as anything else.

We have turned into a society of spoiled entitlement whiners because society has forgotten an age old truth. Spare the rod, and spoil a child.

I’m tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I’m trying to do the right thing, and that’s where I’m going with this.” <------ republican new york state senator roy mcdonald, in a public statement to the conservative party, anti-gay groups and religious leaders who have put pressure on him because he said he will vote to legalize same-sex marriage in new york.

I saw that and thought it was great of him to say that if he meant it. I wish more politicians would think that way.

In eras long gone by, you would never see families and fathers demolished by a retarded legal system like we do today. Traditional values in some areas would not be a bad thing to return to. Instead, the PC and 'everyone is a special snowflake' culture have done as much damage to families and relationships as anything else.

We have turned into a society of spoiled entitlement whiners because society has forgotten an age old truth. Spare the rod, and spoil a child.

there's no good reason to hit your kids. it's called lack of restraint. you're showing them exactly how mature you really are by doing it.

That's status quo for him. Don't forget, he almost decriminalized marijuana...

He really got screwed by Regan and Bush in that election and the hostages. He was meh but he was the last president with a few semi honest bones left in him. Bush and Regan's double dealing in the middle east then to get that election are strong causes for all the crap over there we've had since then.

table-alarm-clock.gif

just went to a mediterranean restaurant a buddy of mine owns. had hummus, baba ghanoush, grape leaves wrapped over something or other, and chicken kabob with rice and grilled veggies. I am so freakin' stuffed.

there's no good reason to hit your kids. it's called lack of restraint. you're showing them exactly how mature you really are by doing it.

When corporal punishment is actually used as a punishment, and not as a reflex action in anger, then it's used correctly. The phrase 'Wait until your father get's home' had more power than just about any other punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.