Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAVZC.jpg

Everyone has been on a Law and Order show at some point.

I love the astronaut quote. Those guys and girls are badasses. I met James A. Lovell from Apollo 13 once at a Nortel Convention. He was a guest speaker. He just radiated intelligence and charisma. There aren't too many people you meet in life that after just a few minutes of hearing them speak you're in awe of them.

In a story that will make Liam happy then sad.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Ill-diocese-ends-adoptions-over-gay-rights-law-1397699.php

58 workers are laid off after the Catholic Diocese of Rockford chooses to end all adoption and foster care services through catholic charities. It's in response to the Illinois legislature's failure to enact an amendment to the Illinois Religious Freedom and Civil Unions Act, that would allow them to refer gay and unmarried couples to other agencies.

Leslie Montoya worked for a year serving children under the Diocese until Thursday morning when she found out she was laid off.

"My first thought was we work so hard for the children to have stability in their lives to have permanency and this is another thing that is going to be removed from their lives. A worker they've been working with several months possibly a few years and that person's just going to disappear."

But it get's better (that's the current meme, right?).

Rockford and four other Catholic dioceses in Illinois are among 45 private agencies that provide state-funded adoption and foster-care services, DCFS spokesman Kendall Marlowe said. The dioceses provide services to about 2,300 of the 15,000 children in the foster-care system, while two other religious groups provide care to about 1,000 children, Marlowe said.

So they get state funding for their private adoption agency, and since they disagree with a state statute now enforced, they chose not to adopt anymore.

Are gays THAT reprehensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.