Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a good enough excuse? cuz he can afford it?
fucking bullshit.
i think if these stupid and annoying as fuck gay rights groups werent crying over every fucking thing in the world, the nba wouldnt have had to feel the pressure of fining kobe bryant with that ridiculous amount of money.

seriously, dont the gay rights people have better things to do? like go after REAL gay rights haters.. so many out there.
kobe clearly didnt direct it at any fucking person in a homo way.

its soooooooo ok for a gay person to call another gay person a GAF.. just like black people can all call eachother nikkaz. but fawk is someone else says it they cry like little bitches.

Only two organizations made a statement about it and it was a shock to them even the reaction the NBA had. The gay groups did not offer a punishment, it was the NBA that made their choice.

And part of the "movement" is to change the vernacular you use to describe gay people. If homosexual terms are used in negative contexts, it stands to reason people will associate negative characteristics to gays and lesbians. So if you improve the quality of communication about those groups, for instance NOT associating negative ideas with a group of people, other movements like equal rights are easier to get. If you are fighting for rights but the other groups think you are evil and negative because of language and associations that are common in every day speech, it's that much harder.

And who says there are not other groups ignoring this type of rhetoric and going for other rights directly? It's not just a one-front fight.

And that's how fines are based in criminal cases, too. The fines are associated to the income that person has and the severity of the criminal activity. I am not saying what Kobe did was illegal, but the NBA chose to make an example out of him and give him a fine that was high enough for even him to take notice. A $1000 or $10K fine wouldn't have been enough.

VHOHj.jpg

why is everyone sh*tting on kobe bryant??? 100K fine? really? cuz he mouthed the words f*cking gaffot?
f*cking people are too d*mn sensitive.
its not like he looked at a homo and said that...

fawk!

It's not like he has a normal job, either. He is a public figure, in a business whose sole income is based on fan loyalty and entertainment value. Appearance is everything. It's all about PR. Do you really want the NBA to come across as being anti-gay? Well neither do they. Boom, a hundred grand.

Only two organizations made a statement about it and it was a shock to them even the reaction the NBA had. The gay groups did not offer a punishment, it was the NBA that made their choice.

And part of the "movement" is to change the vernacular you use to describe gay people. If homosexual terms are used in negative contexts, it stands to reason people will associate negative characteristics to gays and lesbians. So if you improve the quality of communication about those groups, for instance NOT associating negative ideas with a group of people, other movements like equal rights are easier to get. If you are fighting for rights but the other groups think you are evil and negative because of language and associations that are common in every day speech, it's that much harder.

And who says there are not other groups ignoring this type of rhetoric and going for other rights directly? It's not just a one-front fight.

And that's how fines are based in criminal cases, too. The fines are associated to the income that person has and the severity of the criminal activity. I am not saying what Kobe did was illegal, but the NBA chose to make an example out of him and give him a fine that was high enough for even him to take notice. A $1000 or $10K fine wouldn't have been enough.

actually i read that 1 of the organizations was calling for him to get fined. i honestly think we live in a world where everyone is so fucking 2 faced and this whole fucking 'OFFENDED' crap just goes too far.
if kobe called some other player a dirty sp!c, i woldnt lose any sleep over it. why? because i dont give a fuck. i have better things to fucking worry about than kobe using that word on anyone. it doesnt affect me in the least.

do gay people lose sleep cuz kobe called that guy a gaffot? seriously?

Gaffot? Com'on Kiki.....

ya liam, like im really going to type that word out...

actually i read that 1 of the organizations was calling for him to get fined. i honestly think we live in a world where everyone is so fucking 2 faced and this whole fucking 'OFFENDED' crap just goes too far.
if kobe called some other player a dirty sp!c, i woldnt lose any sleep over it. why? because i dont give a fuck. i have better things to fucking worry about than kobe using that word on anyone. it doesnt affect me in the least.

do gay people lose sleep cuz kobe called that guy a gaffot? seriously?

ya liam, like im really going to type that word out...

Yes. When you hear it day in and day out by parents, politicians, actors, newscasters, and in most any media around, it gets a bit much. If every where you turned, every time you turned on Fox news and they celebrated a civil rights bill dropping and cheering the dirty spics or women's rights were removed DAILY, you would be pretty pissed off about it and thinking EVERYONE was against you. Truth be told, if I was a woman, I would be pissed and worried that politicians are taking away my rights to do with my body what I want, even to visit planned parenthood without a factless script read to me prior to entering the door. I would feel people were out to get me if they thought that little of me to take away health care and guidance. It would keep me up at night if on most news programs referencing women were referred to as "bitch" or they have nightly and "expert" demean and insult females collectively, naming them sluts and whores generically.

Call me sensitive, but after the callouses that have been built up from hearing that shit weigh so much as to fall off, I apologize for being sensitive and voicing an opinion.

Yes. When you hear it day in and day out by parents, politicians, actors, newscasters, and in most any media around, it gets a bit much. If every where you turned, every time you turned on Fox news and they celebrated a civil rights bill dropping and cheering the dirty spics or women's rights were removed DAILY, you would be pretty pissed off about it and thinking EVERYONE was against you. Truth be told, if I was a woman, I would be pissed and worried that politicians are taking away my rights to do with my body what I want, even to visit planned parenthood without a factless script read to me prior to entering the door. I would feel people were out to get me if they thought that little of me to take away health care and guidance. It would keep me up at night if on most news programs referencing women were referred to as "bitch" or they have nightly and "expert" demean and insult females collectively, naming them sluts and whores generically.

Call me sensitive, but after the callouses that have been built up from hearing that shit weigh so much as to fall off, I apologize for being sensitive and voicing an opinion.

That sounds kind of like how it feels to be a gun owner......

u know what, i was out a few weeks ago and this lady went on this rant about how Japan deserved the earthquake and God was punishing them. She also went on this insane homophobic rant that almost had me in tears..and i sat there and thought. fuck.. how do homosexuals put up with this shit day in and day out... it was brutal.

im in no way trynna be insensitive. if i have... my bad... i think the media blows this up, its on every corner of the internet and i really dont think its doing anyone any good.

the 6spd manual only has 1 engine. the 240hp renesis rotary. if you go auto it's still the same engine but knocked down to something like 200hp
it's a light car at only 3000lbs so 240 is enough to make it peppy.

I've always loved how those RX-8s looked. It's a pretty sexy car.

You should snap some pix.

The thing is, there are derogatory terms for every type of human being out there and there are stereotypes associated with every type of human being too. Even straight white men. If we all keep going around getting offended by words this is never going to stop. I'm too busy to be offended by what some person on the news might have to say about me. I am a bitchy yankie cracker married to a nerdy kyke. Who cares? And I wouldn't lose sleep over it if newscasters talked about me that way. I sit on my couch all the time and ridicule them for their botox and hair pieces.

i think the media blows this up, its on every corner of the internet and i really dont think its doing anyone any good.

it's not about news anymore. It's about circulation & clicks and how much you can charge for both.

I think the difference between the enquirer and the other 'news' outlets is only the frequency of aliens on the cover.

The thing is, there are derogatory terms for every type of human being out there and there are stereotypes associated with every type of human being too. Even straight white men. If we all keep going around getting offended by words this is never going to stop. I'm too busy to be offended by what some person on the news might have to say about me. I am a bitchy yankie cracker married to a nerdy kyke. Who cares? And I wouldn't lose sleep over it if newscasters talked about me that way. I sit on my couch all the time and ridicule them for their botox and hair pieces.

This pretty much sums up what I think too. Too many hair trigger nobody's out there looking for attention by getting all offended like it's a grievous, hate filled, sociopathic action that will instill the next eugenic culling over even the most imagined slight. We're too worried about peoples emotions and 'how they feel as a person' anymore to the point where it has saturated and tainted just about every aspect of our society. I really don't like it, or what our every day life has become, as a result of all of this vaglipped butthurt

Status
Not open for further replies.