Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what the kids are having for lunch at the elementary school my son will be attending.

Don't know which menu (out of their rotation) they are currently on, but it's either a chicken sandwich (doesn't say if it's fried or grilled), turkey and cheese bagel sandwich, or cooks choice (which obviously, I have no idea what that means)

We decided to forgo the school lunches and pack him a lunch instead. This way we know what he is eating.

Because they only had flavoured milk. When they brought in normal milk none of the kids would drink it.

Jesus fucking christ. Please tell me you're not really this naive. THE SHOW DIDN'T SHOW THE KIDS DRINKING WHITE MILK, BECAUSE IT IS COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE TO THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT OF THE SHOW!!!111one

Luis I'm not being mean or 'trolling' to be nasty but I'd advise you to think seriously about how naive you're being if you think your son will only choose the shitty option of chicken nuggets once in a blue moon when left to his own devices.

I'll repost my reply bolding the part you need to pay more attention to.

He's 3, it's a little too early to tell. But seeing as he has chicken nuggets maybe once every 4-5 months, I don't think he'll be in the same situation.

However he loves bananas, white milk, and carrots.

My kids school had pizza, fried chicken, etc..

What happened to sandwiches?

bread is expensive.

no seriously. because it has a shorter shelf life and is harder to ship in vast quantities bread is getting too expensive. Frozen food items that can be packaged better can make longer journeys and stay edible longer. Frozen pizza like from GFS or Sysco can be packaged like reems of printer paper and last twice as long.

Obviously though you don't really know much about Jamie Oliver (understandably) compared to a British person. He's been a well known figure here for a decade or more.

Obviously, you don't really know much about American television compared to an American person. I've been watching it longer than you've been alive.

bread is expensive.

no seriously. because it has a shorter shelf life and is harder to ship in vast quantities bread is getting too expensive. Frozen food items that can be packaged better can make longer journeys and stay edible longer. Frozen pizza like from GFS or Sysco can be packaged like reems of printer paper and last twice as long.

Having diabetes can be pretty expensive.

I think you're being very naive indeed and should reassess a year into his school year and see if you're right. Without constant positive reinforcement children will not make informed and clever decisions.

Says the person who thinks I'm speaking in absolutes or that I won't be constantly reinforcing my child.

Status
Not open for further replies.