Flytrap #2 - Possible NSFW Content and WAW fail , Whiskey Bacon and tamale hootch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are issues with the "certified" labelling process, and the sometimes silly requirements, but I fully believe that the less junk that goes into our food, the better.

Penn seems like a sharp fellow usually....
That's what I agree with. The more simple our food is, the better. Unfortunately, I bet its impossible to feed everyone in America that way.

Penn basically reiterates all of the arguments against organic food, nothing really original like I was hoping for...

I'd rather have a known toxicity than unknown side effects :lol:

Taste the same? I guess that's debatable. The veggies are usually fresher, which could make the difference right there.

Most important to me, is that most of the organic packaged products don't have refined sugar, or worse, fake sugars as well as other preservative crap.

Ya, it doesn't even have to be certified organic for that.. just simple natural food without the HFCS and preservatives is dandy.

I'd rather have a known toxicity than unknown side effects :lol:

Taste the same? I guess that's debatable. The veggies are usually fresher, which could make the difference right there.

Most important to me, is that most of the organic packaged products don't have refined sugar, or worse, fake sugars as well as other preservative crap.

Chances are, most people couldn't tell the difference in a blnid taste test

Of course it's impossible to feed everyone in America that way.

Locally grown is more important to me than organic though.

Particularly since so many folks farm "organically" but won't bother with the certification process.

Yaup! It's just so hard to find a farm like that living in the city. :\

The farmers market Dharma and I go to only have one 'real' organic tent, the other and equally large produce tent just sells the shit you can get in the grocery store. The produce still has the little stickers on them!

Tis' shame.

39.jpg

Yaup! It's just so hard to find a farm like that living in the city. :\

The farmers market Dharma and I go to only have one 'real' organic tent, the other and equally large produce tent just sells the shit you can get in the grocery store. The produce still has the little stickers on them!

Tis' shame.
Try an Asian or some sort of Hispanic market. You might find more stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.